Hacking Pretty weird reaction of my tv to my usb hdd

CJLopez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently found a old 80gb maxtor which has the first 20-30 corrupted so i partitioned and the rest made a WBFS partition. I was succesfull in loading the games and all in it, but when i turned it on and entered CFGUSBLoader, it showed the games perfectly, but i noted something pretty weird. My TV started to flicker!!! The video signel started to go in and go out, like when you change from TV signal to HDMI/AV/Component, like that, and kept until i turned off my hdd. I putted the hdd on my old IDE-USB adapter, i had used it in the past with a 20gb maxtor, when i started using usb loaders to play games (then switched to a 2.5" 320gb) and wanted to use this 80gb for my sister's wii, but this happened and scared the hell out of my. The worst part is, i noticed some static like behavior on my wii's signal, though i'm using the compo cables.

Any ideas why this might be happening? is the magnetic field on my hdd so strong that its messing up my wii's signal????

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I smell GND level differences.

First. Disconnect everything from TV. This means cable box, antennas and any audio equipment.
Now connect wii only and test. Then attach usb drive in two scenarios:
- 2,5" low power usb drive which does not require any additional power source
- 3,5" with his own power brick

Write results down and starts reconnecting any other stuff to Your TV. One at a time and retest.

There are 2 most common problems.

Cheap/chinese usb drive power supply gives something like 110ACV on gnd (!).
Coax cable from your cable company requires antenna signal galvanic isolation:
http://www.dipol.com.pl/izolator_galwanicz...gnal_R48605.htm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: