Hacking Pretty useless PS4 6.20 questions-- maybe some are good

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently traded a copy of Spider-Man for ps4 for a broken Phat PS4 12XX 500GB.
I knew getting it that it had not been turned on in a while and hoped it was 5.05 or below.(or at least the yucky 5.07) <----- as in cant upgrade HDD since no PUP

I took it apart, it had hundreds of dead roaches. I took of the case the the power supply and it had a nice big burn mark with a huge roach welded to it LOL. So I ordered a new PSU and cleaned the system,Gave the MOBO a rubbing alcohol bath ,New thermal paste and pads, New official PSU.....

After all that I turn it on and damn it !!! 6.20 --- I mean hell still a good deal- I paid $20 for the game I traded for the system, $24 for the PSU --it was also missing the HDD cover so I got a red one for $6 online. So a Fully working PS4 for $60 plus it had Black ops 3 in the disc drive.. not worth anything and I got it free on PSN Plus -- but what ever -still a bonus. No controllers came with it

I have a ps4 pro that is legit and have 3 controllers. I did have a PS4 Phat 5.05 that was K-Exploited but my dumbass pawned it and lost it.

Trust me after all the story crap I do have a question.....

I know Public K-ex is 5.05 , Private is K-ex 5.55 , and a useless to end user 6.20 webkit since it was patched in 6.50. I do understand this stuff----- kinda

So my question is pretty obvious to me , should I just leave it on 6.20 and put it in a closet or update it to latest and give it to my kids ?

Now my kids live with me and so does My Wife , So I am not seeking a gift to my kids. Just wondering if 6.20 pretty much has years to go like ps3 3.55 was to the unlikely 4.82.

Probably a impossible question to answer.

Should I put it away in a closet ? or update it and give it to my Girls ?

Guess this is more an opinions then a questions thread

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give it to your girls, or buy them a switch :)
Letting it rot in a closet is definitely a waste.

They got a nice handy dandy KOSMOS Switch on 8.1.0 down gradable to 5.1.0 :) New 3ds and a Wii-u all set to do the thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For $60 I would update and play. 6.20 has no discernible advantage rn.

Of alot of people on here , I was hoping you would say some thing ...... As you know a lot -- they play my PS4 Pro and want a ps4 ----- So Ill just update and give it to them.

Ive got 13 disc games , 4 bought digital and 78ish PS-Plus games ..... So guess a hacked system dont mean much

Reactions: KiiWii

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundreds of dead roaches.. the previous owner must had loaded the ps4 with sugar

North Carolina is a Roach Rich state .... I repair electronics for a living --- roaches are the most likely reason for damage in this state.

My kids could be categorized as lucky is the area, it's my hobby so we've got lots of bits lying around.

I didn't mean to brag at all , was just saying --- and yes they are spoiled --- never meant to brag tho --- they have a lot and I know other dont'

so in the end , a k-exploit could happen next week, next year or in 8 years who knows --- just update and let it do its job ...

Reactions: KiiWii and zxr750j

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't mean to brag

I think the average GBATEMP regular has a healthy supply of surplus hardware :)
ps4 OWF (for online)
Switch 6.2 Atmo (never online, waiting for the lite for online tetris and pokemon)
2DS XL
New 3DS XL
O3DS XL OFW
2X O3DS
DSI XL
DSI
DS Lite (OFW)
2X GBA (OFW, one is my first nintendo)
Gameboy Color
Gameboy (the grey brick)
An assortment of flashcards/flashme
Had lot's more but a part of my stuff was stolen :(
I gave away the unused Wii to a less fortunate mate of mine.

Very important: Kids are raised knowing never to update anything...

Reactions: Undwiz

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the average GBATEMP regular has a healthy supply of surplus hardware :)
ps4 OWF (for online)
Switch 6.2 Atmo (never online, waiting for the lite for online tetris and pokemon)
2DS XL
New 3DS XL
O3DS XL OFW
2X O3DS
DSI XL
DSI
DS Lite (OFW)
2X GBA (OFW, one is my first nintendo)
Gameboy Color
Gameboy (the grey brick)
An assortment of flashcards/flashme
Had lot's more but a part of my stuff was stolen :(
I gave away the unused Wii to a less fortunate mate of mine.

Very important: Kids are raised knowing never to update anything...

Cool Surplus as you put it.

We have hacked -

2- 3dsXL---- for my 7&9 year old
1- New 3dsxl --- for my wife
1-DS lite with that card thing with all games on it --- for my 3 yr old.
2- Wiiu's - one in my living room other in 7 and 9 yr old room both Hackchi or what ever
1- Wii in my 3 year olds room --- BatHax also got a NES classic in there with SNES and Sega on it
1- Switch Atmos in the living room .
1 Xbox OG with a X-ice chip --- my first sys mod in my bed room hooked to a projector and XBMC/Kodi programed by me to still work

Ohh and my PS4 Pro untouched and my badass gaming PC I build in March .. that I got to sell cause my car is taking a shit :(

Reactions: zxr750j

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse