Pretty sure my Acekard 2i is defective.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Rockerflare, Jul 1, 2011.

Jul 1, 2011
  1. Rockerflare
    OP

Newcomer Rockerflare Member

United States
    I posted a thread a few days ago about how I'm having problems with my newly purchased Acekard and how it is not being read by my 3DS since it is giving me a "No gamecard in slot 1" error. I have tried the papertrick with all kinds of thick paper (Photo paper, construction, double layered) and the card has not been read at all. It was read once without any paper for a second and showed an updated icon. I then got my friends DS Lite and tried to load the Acekard on her device but to my surprise the card was STILL not being read. I tried the paper trick over and over and over and nothing happened.

I'm almost positive at this point that my card is defective and I am now trying to get a refund from Realhotstuff.
    Is there anything else I can do?

If not I'm planning on buying a Supercard because that seems more reliable.

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Ok, have you ever flashed the cart for updating it?

It's possible that it might have bricked whilst updating.

3. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I was told by the original poster that the Acekard was like this out of the box.

4. Evo.lve

Australia
    Ok, Plan B.

It doesn't look like it's a SD card issue, but just to be sure format your SD card with the Panasonic Formatter.

If you haven't done so already, try blowing into the Slot-1 and the contacts on the Acekard. The "symptoms" are pointing to severely bad contact issue, but it ould be a bad flash.

5. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    I just reformatted my MicroSD card and still no luck.
    I have not got the card to work not even once with the Paper trick :\

I don't think the card was even flashed because that one second it did work it just showed the Acekard symbol.

Edit: I just put a very thick piece of plastic in under the connectors and it STILL doesn't work.

6. Evo.lve

Australia
    The card is bricked - but then again if it was it wouldn't show the Acekard symbol at all. I suggest you just return it and ask for another one.

7. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    I just emailed realhotstuff, hopefully they respond within 30 days so I can return it.

8. Evo.lve

Australia
    Good luck, and yeah, definitely buy a supercard [​IMG]

9. xxteargodxx

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Let me know how it goes with Real Hot Stuff, I like ordering from them since they are based in NJ and inside the USA. I would hope they have good customer service.

10. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    Does anyone have any recommendations other than supercard?
    Super card is really expensive. What about the r4i gold?

11. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It is my opinion that you got extremely unlucky with this particular Acekard purchase, but it might have had something to do with someone pre-updating it to the latest firmware incorrectly. If you do not wish to spend so much money on a Supercard, I recommend you try again with getting an Acekard, perhaps from another website.

12. Evo.lve

Australia
    The R4iDSN from r4idsn.com or r4ids.cn is a particularly good cart. Recommended, but Supercard is still better.

13. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    Well I might buy another acekard from realhotstuff if it's really that uncommon and write t them asking they make sure that my order is taken care of properly. I really liked using realhotstuff because of their quick delivery but this is becoming such a hassle.

14. huangyu

Newcomer huangyu Advanced Member

United States
    R4i gold 3DS is a cheap good card if don't care much about extra features.....But yeah, Ackeard 2i or DStwo is always a good choose!

15. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    I'm going to wait for their response and see if I can just get a replacement sent to me. An even exchange because technically what they gave me was not what they advertised. They advertised 3DS use right out of the box and that is not what happened.

I would assume they'd agree to sending me a new one as long as I sent the defective one back.

16. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    based on what i read the card was never flashed which is why its not working on the 3ds. if it worked once (you saw the old logo) but not again chances are you just have contact issues. you should read tk_saturn's guide. if you stuff to thick a bit of paper in there you can bend the slot-1 pins and cause contact issues for everything as well as break your slot-1 from ever reading a game card again. so be careful.

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=790

exchanging doesn't mean you will get a working card. the 2i is a bad design. my original developed contact issues after a year of use. its just a matter of time before you have to use some paper.

realhotstuff was selling fake 2i cards for awhile. have you verified what you got is real? regardless, they are good with exchanges.

-another world

17. Fudou Akio

Newcomer Fudou Akio Member

Singapore
    Good luck and I hope my AK2i 3DS will last for long

18. cynful09

Newcomer cynful09 Member

United States
  19. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    Alright I just opened a ticket (unfortunately on low priority, lol). But, thank you all once again for your help. Hopefully I get a replacement that works relatively soon.

20. Rockerflare
    OP

United States
    The issue has been taken care of and they're sending me a new cartridge along with a return package for my defective card. Thank you so much realhotstuff, their support team responded very quickly to my problem!