Hacking Pretty sure I got a faulty Acekard

arsn89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well before I start let me just say I had never used a flash card in my life. But I am a real quick learner with these type of things, since I know a lot about computers.

Now I got my Acekard 2.1 in mail 2 days ago. I got it from Modchipcentral. The reason why I think the Acekard is faulty is because my Nintendo Ds won't detect/recognize the Acekard AT ALL. I've gone through MULTIPLE guides from these past 2 days, from you-tube videos and even guides provided in this forums. I followed each step exactly as described. I have even tired used both Acekard's official os and Akaio's. I've formatted my 2gb Kingston micro sd multiple times from Fat32 and Fat. None of these seem to work. Every time I stick my Acekard in my ds it is not picking up on anything, but when I put in my regular games it does. Am I pretty safe to guess that I received a faulty unit? Even if I hadn't done anything to my Acekard, and just stuck it in to the ds straight from the package, would the ds be able to detect the Acekard? Because it has never responded to anything from the beginning. All I get is the nornal pictochat and ds download play options.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe it has contact issues try putting some folded paper to push it againt the contacts of your ds
smile.gif

arsn89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
maybe it has contact issues try putting some folded paper to push it againt the contacts of your ds
smile.gif

Yeah, I tried all those little tricks like the one you stated from several of the others here. That doesn't seem to work.

Thanks though.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then.

So what exactly happens when you turn on your DS? Does it see anything or does it just look like there is nothing inserted? According to your OP that is what it sounds like. I would try stuffing more paper to see if it makes contact. If that doesn't work I suggest returning it/asking for a new one.

arsn89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgridgaway said:
Alright then.

So what exactly happens when you turn on your DS? Does it see anything or does it just look like there is nothing inserted? According to your OP that is what it sounds like. I would try stuffing more paper to see if it makes contact. If that doesn't work I suggest returning it/asking for a new one.

Yeah, when I turn on the ds with the Acekard on, it looks likes there is nothing inserted at all. I will try stuffing more papers in, but I'm not sure how much more I can stuff, the space between the ds and the cart is tight enough as it is. I guess I will have to request a new one.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.