Pretty much a collection of all my Homebrew questions

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by The Minish LAN, Sep 27, 2015.

1. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    1. Does ninjhax 1.1b have regionFOUR already available to select, like tubehax, browserhax, oot3dhax etc.
    2. What are (excluding regionTHREE/FOUR/FIVE, whenever smea releases it) the downright best Homebrew apps, not including rxTools, Pasta, and things like that?
    3. Since there are games out there (AC:HHD, FE:IF) that have some confusing anti-piracy crap installed on them, are there any (legit, I'm not sailing the seven seas just yet) games that can track if you have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD Card?
    4. Does the MSET exploit, with emuNAND and all that, need a formatted system?
    5. When I put my 3DS on top of my DSi, it turns on while it's in Sleep Mode. halp

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Sep 27, 2015
  2. marc00077

marc00077 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    Netherlands Antilles
    Catalunya
    1-No
    2-This depends on everyones, some people might enjoy emulators and others might enjoy any of the hombrew that's available, you can find some here. My favourite one is Whack Mania.
    3-Those games only have a protection to avoid sky3ds beign able to run them. If nintendo would they could be able to know everybody whose using hombrew, but they won't do anything to you for running hombrew because it's completely legal, and they would have to ban half of the 3ds in the world.
    4-IDK what cnet exploit is.
    5-It's because of the magnet, it also happens when you stack any DS/DSi/3ds. Simply keep the powered one on the bottom.

Seriel likes this.
  3. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    1. No
    2. Retroarch builds?
    3. Smea/Yellows8/whatever dev who made an exploit avaliable just would have to "update" their hax to make them search for a boot file named after anything else
    4. Dunno
    5. The (3)DS/(i) detects when its lid is closed using a magnet system. When you put your 3DS on top of your DSi, the magnet in your 3DS "tricks" your DSi into thinking it's open.

Seriel likes this.
  4. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    So even if they can detect we have homebrew they can't brick our 3DS or ban us because it's 100% legal?

5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    1. As answered above
    2. Aside from emulators and games... playcoin setter, chmm (or chmm2), save manager, extdata dump
    3. As answered above
    4. Do you mean mset exploit? When you install emunand it wipes your sd, but if you back everything up before hand you won't lose anything. Unlinking nands will format your sysnand, but by then you've technically cloned your original user data/id/etc to emunand.
    5. As answered above... magnets... how DO they work?!!

730 likes this.
  6. The Minish LAN
    OP

The Minish LAN hi

Sep 9, 2015
    discord
    Thanks, I corrected the post.

7. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Also, I forgot to say - unlinking nands is optional (down to preference of how you use your system); if you keep them linked you don't need to format your system at all.

8. marc00077

marc00077 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    Netherlands Antilles
    Catalunya
    Well, you break the terms and conditions that you agree with multiple times along the setup process, and if they wanted yes, they could brick or ban from the online half of the 3ds on the world I assume, but trust me this won't happen. Who will then buy another nintendo product?

The worst thing I can imagine happening is that they refuse to repair a faulty unit because you left the ironhax save on the console or another evidence. (Also this is pretty unlikely to happen, but not impossible)

In a nutshell it's legal to do whatever you want with a thing that's yours unless it implies running copyrighted things (this is not accurate, you should read your country's law if you really want to know what you can & cannot do).
    Anyway, we're not in Japan, they can't do whatever they want.
    upload_2015-9-27_20-17-25.png
    You can find this document here

Attached Files:

Last edited by marc00077, Sep 27, 2015
    Seriel likes this.
  9. 730

730 Professional Shitposter

Apr 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Wow that magnets one sounded so bizarre at first.

The Minish LAN likes this.
  10. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    There's one magnet in the lid and one magnet in the bottom part of the console. When you close the 3DS, the magnet in the bottom part is attracted by the magnet in the lid (or the other way around, dunno), and makes a contact which indicates to the console that it's closed.