matriculated

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a Linksys WRT54G v8 at Staples for $40. The price is the same at Bestbuy too. The cool thing is I installed the micro version of the DD-WRT.com firmware and turned this into a wireless repeater. I have this hooked up to my Xbox so now I can play movies wirelessly from my PC in the basement and can finally get rid of the cat5 cable in my living room. The official wireless network adapter for the Xbox is over $100.

I think I'll pickup another one, flash it and replace my old Dlink router that I have to reset every other day.

More about the dd-wrt firmware here.

Suranwrap

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is an old router. But still a good price.
I have had the router one step above this one for over 2 years now (WRT54GS). with the DD-WRT firmware, it works really well.
But i now have a wireless N router for my mac book.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is what i plan to do with a LA Fonera router. It is only £11 from the official fonera shop!! I'll turn it into a Wireless Bridge for my Xbox 360.

I ain't going to spend £50 on a xbox wireless network adapter and i can't have a ethner cable trailing from one room to another.

The only problem is flashing the Fonera looks hard.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a WRT54GL with DD-WRT as my main router. It doesn't use the Micro version, but the Standard version instead.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte