Hacking Pretty bad problem with downgrading my Vita on FW 3.71.

joelnodxd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried the guide on The FloW's Github page, and followed it through perfectly, but while on System Update, it says, "Could not complete the update. (C1-6562-9)", then tells me to restart the system so it can try again. Problem is, this happens indefinitely, meaning I can't get out of it. Any idea how I can get out? I also tried going into recovery mode, but it only lets me select 'Update System Software'.

Last edited by joelnodxd,

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First you need to start a custom module to downgrade from 3.71/3.72 to 3.60/3.65. This was released on sunday.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Reactions: DuveltjeDG

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did the downgrade from 3.72 using the above mentioned module/guide. It took several tries but in the end I ended up with my vita being 3.65. After that I installed Enso for 3.65.

joelnodxd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
quick update: pretty sure its now stuck in safe mode, gives me an error when trying to update to 3.72 using pc.

Andy777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue. did you manage to get it back to 3.72 or 3.71 at least? Mine is stuck in endless loop of attempting to update and failing. error C1-6562-9

joelnodxd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same issue. did you manage to get it back to 3.72 or 3.71 at least? Mine is stuck in endless loop of attempting to update and failing. error C1-6562-9
Unless you have a PS3, there's not a lot you can do. The only way I was able to restore mine was through my PS3. even if you're already on 3.72 (after future failed attempts), it still restores it to normal settings, with no data lost. If you don't have a PS3, you're pretty much stuck.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, on 3.72 Sony removed the ability to reinstall the firmware through a PC. The only reason I can think of is because they thought that if we couldn't downgrade (which we can do anyway now) and bricked the console, there would be no way to fix it, but for some reason you can still reinstall the firmware through a PS3??? idk, it doesn't make much sense.

joelnodxd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, on 3.72 Sony removed the ability to reinstall the firmware through a PC. The only reason I can think of is because they thought that if we couldn't downgrade (which we can do anyway now) and bricked the console, there would be no way to fix it, but for some reason you can still reinstall the firmware through a PS3??? idk, it doesn't make much sense.
They must've done it with 3.71 as well, because that what I was on, but it only gave me errors.

Tianshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They must've done it with 3.71 as well, because that what I was on, but it only gave me errors.
I'm having the same issue...just wanted to make sure - even though upgrading to the same firmware on the PC doesn't work but it works on PS3? I was already on 3.72 when it bricked but I'm afraid using a PS3 would just tell me I already have the latest version installed. Just wondering because I don't have a PS3 and it would require some effort in getting/borrowing one. Thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn