Hacking Press A to continue won't show up at health screen.

Dolphin-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using system menu 4.1u and decided to install the windows xp theme from here:Windows XP Wii Theme - YouTube

After doing so I got a semi-brick and going to system settings would crash.So I tried reinstalling menu 4.1u with Multi Mod Manager and I got an error while installing[not downloading].
So then I left MMM and then priiloader showed up with an error autobooting to the system menu.
I HAD A FULL BRICK! So i launched wiimod with priiloader and tried reinstalling from it but the same thing that happened with MMM happened there. So then I gave up on those two apps and then tried installing the 4.1u wad ,straight from nus downloader,with MMMs wad manager.
After that installed, all I get when I boot up my wii is the health screen but no "Press A to continue". Priiloader was uninstalled from the system menu installation.
My wiimote turns on and is synced up and I can even turn the console off with the wiimote.

What went wrong and how can i fix it?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try reinstalling the region select and EULA channels for your Wii's region. They're HALx and HAKx where "x" is the region letter. They're on the "System" menu under Database on NUSDownloader.

@JoostinOnline might be able to help you fix this, though.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I missed that Priiloader was gone. I'm not sure what to tell you. The theme must have corrupted the menu's resource title.

You could try the gamecube gamepad trick with a game disc that has a recent system update on it.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the bootmii folder on your sd card, possibly renamed?

edit, basically if you had bootmii installed as boot 2, then this might work....

1) get the bootmii folder on your sd card, possibly you already have it renamed there, or someone else's might work

2) if you have no keys.bin, do a backup in bootmii to obtain the keys, though obviously the nand.bin will be useless

3) get suitable nand.bin dump from another wii or person and use 'betwiin' to fix it for your wii

Last edited by rasputin,

Dolphin-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better yet, how do i get to bootmii. I know it's installed as boot2 since my disc drive flashes twice. I'm using microwave sams bootmii folder included here:How to Hack Nintendo Wii 4.3 - Homebrew Channel Letterbomb Tutorial Part 1 - YouTube and his bootmii.ini file looks like this:
VIDEO=PROGRESSIVE
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=10
I figured it wasn't booting because autoboot was on system menu, so i changed it to OFF.
But I still get the same screen where there's nothing i can do!

Dolphin-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does boot delay have to be at 5? If not then something else is not working.

And since I can't find any information about what the resource title is, what is it and how does it work?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I missed that Priiloader was gone. I'm not sure what to tell you. The theme must have corrupted the menu's resource title.

You could try the gamecube gamepad trick with a game disc that has a recent system update on it.
Yes the gamecube gamepad trick which is called Savemiifrii, op could google on how use it, it could possibly fix this brick. It would need to be used with a game with a newer update than 4.1

If bootmii is actually installed to boot2, this would be the recommend method. I'd try different sd cards with the bootmii files on it. Bootmii can be picky depending on the sd card. fat32 format
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii/SD_Card_Compatibility_List

Last edited by Thomas83Lin,

Dolphin-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Okay, turns out the sd card I was using wasn't capable of auto booting bootmii. So I purchased one that was capable according to the list. It took some time to get here, so that's why I haven't replied for awhile. But before purchasing a new sd card i came across this video:
And I decided to try it with my new sd card...And it worked!!!! It booted to Multi Mod Manager.
I went to app manager and just in case anything went wrong with them, reinstalled bootmii as boot2, the homebrew channel and just because i felt like it bootmii as an ios as well. After that, it took me to the freshly installed homebrew channel. The first thing I did there was install priiloader. After that I turned my wii off, turned it on with the reset button held and it worked. After that I immediately went to bootmii, as boot 2 and made a nand backup like rasputin said to. So I now have The Homebrew channel, Bootmii as BOOT2 and IOS, Priiloader And a semi functional nand backup. I tried reinstalling the system menu again through Multi Mod Manager but it couldn't connect, as i have gotten a new router. And i obviously can't change anything through the system menu, so do any of you now of any homebrews that can change the internet settings?

P.S. Just out of curiosity, I turned on the "replace health screen with back menu" hack on priiloader. What I got was the traditional flashing channels animation, but after that...nothing

But upon waiting awhile afterwords the flashing animation happened again, and then again. they each happened about 30 seconds apart. I still would like to now what exactly is wrong with my wii menu.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either something you installed has a bad banner or part of the system menu files are from the wrong region or the menu's resource file is corrupted.

You should be able to use AnyTitleDeleter to remove the non-Nintendo stuff and hopefully it will boot again.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the resource packs are in the content directory for the title. I could be mistaken but I think IOS80 is the system menu title for 4.3.

Have you tried reinstalling a full system menu update to overwrite anything that's been corrupt? You can extract it from any disc that has an update partition with Wiimm's ISO Tools.

Dolphin-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm afraid is going to happen is that if the update removes all hacks and if the update doesn't fix my wii menu is that it will uninstall bootmii as boot2.
If so and my menu still doesn't work, what am I going to do then?

D

Deleted User

there is a way if you don't have access to your wii (note: i didn't fully read the conversation but im presuming somethings wrong and you semi bricked and you need to use homebrew channel to fix it which oboiusly you don't have acess to it via system menu because system menu is broken) so try this
1. Turn on the Wii and you will see the Health Screen. Now instead of pressing A, hold + and -, then press A. (keep holding till the screen changes!)
2. If you did it correctly (and your Wii isn't bricked enough to ruin it), you will see a message on the screen saying the Wii is in Maintenance Mode.
3. This mode allows you to do everything except using the Wii message board, so make use of that to backup saves or to run the HBC!
there maybe that can help, and again I didn't read every comment so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16