OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/08/the-firs...he-white-house/

When Barack Obama takes office on January 20th, he'll not only be the most powerful man in the world, but also the most powerful gamer. (Nintendo did give outgoing President Bush a DS and Brain Age some years ago; it's up to you to decide if he ever played it.)

The New York Times reports that the President elect -- who even took his campaign to the streets of Burnout Paradise -- gifted his daughters, Sasha and Malia, with a Nintendo Wii for Christmas ... but the head of the First Family has been playing with it, too. Apparently, Obama has been working on his bowling skills by playing Wii Sports. The President-in-waiting bowled a lowly 37 in the real-life sport while on the campaign trail, but tells the paper that he "performs better in the video game."

Being the leader of the free world probably won't leave President Obama with much time for gaming, but we'd like to hear your suggestions for Wii games he should play, given the chance. (Oh, and Mr. Obama, if you're reading this, we'd like to talk about that Video Game Czar position ... )

I'm very impressed he bought the Wii for his daughters, but can he gain anything if he looks up here to know how to hack the Wii for his daughters to play backup Wii games and homebrew?

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He's the president, I am sure he could afford games for the Wii.

Then again...He does have young daughters. Young girls and boys are a big target of shovelware companies. If that's the case, yes.

Oh and if they wants to watch DVDs on it and "try out" VC and WiiWare titles, yes.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ill teach him ... i dont live in the US - if you on Barack - send me a PM and ill walk you through it - but you'll owe me one.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah - why is it hard for people to understand that the president of america has no legal power in other countries ?
Also , modding your console is not illegal - it just may or may not void your warranty depending on where you live and the agreements in place.

Also , i dont think anyone mentioned anything about e-mailing anyone
wink.gif

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Yeah - why is it hard for people to understand that the president of america has no legal power in other countries ?
Most every Western nation's Legislature/Parlament is falling, to some degree, in line with the wishes of Big Media most of which originates in New York or Los Angeles.

Think about that for a minute.
djtaz said:
Also , modding your console is not illegal - it just may or may not void your warranty depending on where you live and the agreements in place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmca

For the OP it is illegal as it bypasses copy protections.

QUOTE(djtaz @ Jan 8 2009, 09:40 PM)
Also , i dont think anyone mentioned anything about e-mailing anyone
wink.gif

You got me there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse