Gaming Preserving DS saves with the DLC flags unlocked

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found a supposedly savegame of Ni no Kuni with the DLC activated, but I can't use it in any emulador nor my bluecard flashcard. Maybe it's corrupted, maybe it needs to be converted first...

If one of you know how to make it work in Desmume, please tell me.

Attachments

• Ninokuni - El Mago de las Tinieblas2.zip
    268 bytes · Views: 346
Reactions: marine5422

dethstryke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no clue how to use the picross ds saves. they are all in .dsv format and i am on R4 with .nds.sav
i tried to just change the first file (mario picross.dsv) into picross ds.nds.sav but it didnt work. i'm not familiar with desmume and i cant even get the dsv to load in that program!

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the DS family, as I recently got a "NEW" 2DS XL and was excited to find out about downloadable content. That was until I tried to connect and found out that the servers were shutdown.
I am for this, however I am unsure how to use the files.
All I have is the system originally mentioned, and it's 100% stock. I have the original Picross DS and Mario VS Donkey Kong 2, so any advise and/or information would be appreciated.

Never mind, I figured it out!

Thank you for these! Great option for those able to do use these who did not get a DS when the service was up. Shame Nintendo wouldn't just let there servers be active only for downloadable content.

Last edited by DeadOneWalking,

HaxAras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS 2 - Sabaku no Majou (tentatively known as Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 2 for USA)
JP
The second part of that title is wrong. It's a remake of (loosely translated as) Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer GB2: Demon Castle of the Desert.
Shiren the Wanderer 2 is an N64 game.

Neither game was ever released outside of Japan.

There's 4 Shiren games for the DS. Shiren 4 and 5 were also originally released on the NDS. None of the Shiren games have any Wi-Fi downloadable content.

Shiren 1 DS has rescue reward items but these could be obtained via. rescue codes. They're super rare though.

Shiren DS2 has rescue reward items as well that *could* be obtained using Wi-Fi. If you did Wi-Fi rescues on the Japanese version of Shiren 3 for the Wii, you could connect to DS2 using Wi-Fi and receive items in DS2 at certain numbers of points. But like Shiren 1 DS, they could be obtained as rare rescue rewards for saving other people. (For any fellow Shiren fans, the 2 weapons I'm aware of are the Homing Blade and Razor Wind. I'm a wiki admin/editor and will be adding all the rescue reward items eventually.)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
From a forums thread around the release of these games (I think, I didn't look to be honest.) it looked like people on this PokeCommunity thread were saying that the Mystery Part and Secret Slab were given through Wi-Fi missions for the Japanese release. Maybe it was all languages.

Mewtwo and Celebi are version exclusives in PMD: Time and Darkness. Over on the GameFAQ's board somebody uploaded a save file with the Mewtwo and Celebi missions that can be sent via. local wireless. They do NOT have a wonder mail code so the only way to transfer them is via local wireless.

I wasn't able to send them to my Japanese copy of time. Writing my English save to the cart just deleted the save. The Sky editor doesn't have wonder mail support. I have no idea if local wireless works between NA and EU copies of Time/Darkness or if the saves are compatible.

Fossil Fighters
Supposedly Fossil Fighters has the ability to send fossils to other games using some sort of launcher once you reach (rank 4?) in the game. I haven't played it far enough to test this out. According to the AltWFC discord, they have the Japanese and US events on their servers for download. I have a Japanese and US save of Champions. I'm not sure how far they are but if somebody has the knowledge of how to play the game to test the DLC/transfer or US/JP compatability, just message me.

Pokemon Ranger JP
From what I've heard, the original Japanese Manaphy mission was an actual download and nobody on Project Pokemon has been able to find a save file with the Manaphy mission on it to preserve.

Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Conquest featured Wi-Fi download missions. Fans found codes to unlock the Wi-Fi missions that can be input. I have no idea if this works on the Japanese or EU releases though. I purchased a Japanese copy of Conquest but I don't have it in-hand to test yet.

I saw the list on the first post contained
Call of Duty: World at War
Animal Crossing
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Chocobo's Dungeon DS
Civilization Revolution and somewhere in this thread somebody mentioned a Worms game.

Do these have DLC content or did they just all feature Wi-Fi support?

Last edited by HaxAras,
Reactions: TheTrueDream42

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese Pokemon Conquest does have its own set of codes to unlock the events. And Animal Crossing definitely have online exclusive stuff. The rest I'm unsure about.

HaxAras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese Pokemon Conquest does have its own set of codes to unlock the events. And Animal Crossing definitely have online exclusive stuff. The rest I'm unsure about.

I hope the Animal Crossing stuff was backed up somewhere.

I just got my Japanese copy of Conquest yesterday and while looking for the Japanese passwords, found this thread.

gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-conquest-password-generator.329260/

So that solves that problem. As expected, writing my English Conquest save to my Japanese cart just corrupted/deleted the existing save.

wiccadwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I am new to this site and I just picked up diabolical box and wanted to use the save you have here to get all of the extra bonus daily puzzles no longer available. Anyway I have never overwritten any save files on any games. I literally have no idea where to start and cant seem to find a guide for the process. I have the new 3ds xl. I am in the US. Any help would be appreciated. Pointing me to a guide would be awesome. I probably need the using external save files on your 3ds for idiots version. Thanks in advance!

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I am new to this site and I just picked up diabolical box and wanted to use the save you have here to get all of the extra bonus daily puzzles no longer available. Anyway I have never overwritten any save files on any games. I literally have no idea where to start and cant seem to find a guide for the process. I have the new 3ds xl. I am in the US. Any help would be appreciated. Pointing me to a guide would be awesome. I probably need the using external save files on your 3ds for idiots version. Thanks in advance!
You need to hack you system. I used the following guide.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Reactions: InklingSquid

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2, EU. You may want to change your name in the options.
Containg all downloadable levels from Nintendo.
http://filetrip.net/dl?HPRSKekaOR

100 Classic Book Collection, EU.
Containg all additional books available online.
http://filetrip.net/dl?i2nG2mX0Bu

As for the DLC available via cheats:
I think it would be nice to have an overview of those cheats, too (and/or unlocked savegames). We may know, which content is actually downloadable and which is on the card already, just locked. But if someone looks this up in a year or two, he probably won't.

And for Mario Kart: Shyguy is only available via local Download Play. There is no way to unlock him on your own card. :P
could you reupload?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://archive.org/details/preserv...threadsavefiledownloadsavailableon20191003.7z

acrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the link from the archive.org website.
Is there a tutorial on how to use them with the DeSmuME emulator?

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have no clue how to use the picross ds saves. they are all in .dsv format and i am on R4 with .nds.sav
i tried to just change the first file (mario picross.dsv) into picross ds.nds.sav but it didnt work. i'm not familiar with desmume and i cant even get the dsv to load in that program!
Use the shunyweb converter to convert duc files to sav.

MegalithAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Any of you guys has the savefiles with the DLC crafts of the game "Jet Impulse"? All the links posted here are down and there's no way to download it, not even Wayback Machine can help me.

I would be super grateful.

JamesAaronSpirin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the DLC is on the cart, you no longer need an old save. The MelonDS emulator can do wi-fi, and by changing the DNS address to point to a custom server, you can spoof a fake Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (primary DNS: 178.62.43.212, secondary DNS: 172.104.88.237 works). Which means, for example, you can "download" (in reality, unlock) the Ranger Net missions in the Pokemon Ranger games.

I don't know if Jet Impulse has that kind of DLC, or if it was real DLC, though.

Reactions: Natural

MegalithAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If the DLC is on the cart, you no longer need an old save. The MelonDS emulator can do wi-fi, and by changing the DNS address to point to a custom server, you can spoof a fake Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (primary DNS: 178.62.43.212, secondary DNS: 172.104.88.237 works). Which means, for example, you can "download" (in reality, unlock) the Ranger Net missions in the Pokemon Ranger games.

I don't know if Jet Impulse has that kind of DLC, or if it was real DLC, though.

Thank you for answering! Hopefully I've managed to get the DLC by myself thanks to AltWFC technique with MelonDS!

Here's the link for the .sav files (Remember to use MelonDS.)

PS: A translation project for the game is coming soon too :D

Last edited by MegalithAce,

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link to FE12's DLC save is dead. For anyone looking for it, the English patch includes a folder called 'Bonus Content' which has the save formatted for various emulators. If you're trying to use it on an official Japanese cart, it'll need to be 256KB and .sav format. I've included a copy in that format below (this should also work on MelonDS and flashcarts, at least it works on mine). The save is completely blank other than having the DLC unlocked (no sound room, Archanea Chronicles, etc.)

Attachments

• FE12 DLC unlocked.zip
    2 KB · Views: 77

Kuniokun3dsmods

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Screenshot_20210707-163705.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)