Gaming Preserving DS saves with the DLC flags unlocked

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can DS/DSi DLC even be played/installed on the systems without the sudohax??

Well, we need the save data before it's too late to grab it.
And about Dragon Quest IX, there are no codes for the JP version (which has more content) or the respective French, German, Italian, Spanish versions, and we're aiming to get a comprehensive list of as much as possible. But at least there's a save editor. If anyone can post saves as well, that would be lovely.

And as I explained in the first post, the "DLC" is actually contained in the DS cart, and using a save where it's unlocked on any system unlocks it.
For the DSi games, we don't have many exploits yet, but when we'll have them it will be too late to grab the saves. I'm at least sure the saves can be grabbed at least.

Sascha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2, EU. You may want to change your name in the options.
Containg all downloadable levels from Nintendo.
http://filetrip.net/dl?HPRSKekaOR

100 Classic Book Collection, EU.
Containg all additional books available online.
http://filetrip.net/dl?i2nG2mX0Bu

As for the DLC available via cheats:
I think it would be nice to have an overview of those cheats, too (and/or unlocked savegames). We may know, which content is actually downloadable and which is on the card already, just locked. But if someone looks this up in a year or two, he probably won't.

And for Mario Kart: Shyguy is only available via local Download Play. There is no way to unlock him on your own card. :P

Reactions: GHANMI

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
100 Classic Book Collection, EU.
Containg all additional books available online.
http://filetrip.net/dl?i2nG2mX0Bu

Thanks a lot about that one, but it has several other versions with unique book selections... the name is different hence why it would be misleading to think it's the only version:

200 klassische Bücher DS (GE)
Bibliothek der klassischen Bücher (GE)
100 Livres Classiques (FR)
100 Classic Book Collection (US)
100 Classic Books (UK)
DS Bungaku Zenshuu (JP)
Chotto DS Bungaku Zenshu: Sekai no Bungaku 20 (JP)
There are not Spanish or Italian versions.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering to do about Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Certain items can only be bought through the wifi shop and are restricted to one save file, so I don't think uploading a saved game will help.

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering to do about Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Certain items can only be bought through the wifi shop and are restricted to one save file, so I don't think uploading a saved game will help.

It will help. The downloadable content is tied to the save itself... or else it wouldn't work at all with the regular DS.
Anything were it items, quests, unlockables of any kind tied to the Wi-Fi connection are good to go. After all, they won't be available anymore shortly later.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jam With The Band/Band Bros DX already seems pretty well persevered here (assuming they aren't just user songs): http://jwtb.wikia.com/wiki/BDX_Mega_Pack
Also, as Jam With The Band DLC requires a real cartridge and since it uses a NAND save chip, its impossible to dump saves with current tools.
WarioWare DIY is also pretty well preserved as the last online updates were years ago. Last time I checked, literally all DLC games and stuff were in this pack: http://vixynya.blog6.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html?sp

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Professor layton games should be easy, once you save it once, you can download all puzzles.

For Picross DS - will need a hack to add all downloadable content since you can only save up to 10 slots and there are 10+ packs..

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Or just multiple save files.
If you have any of the Layton saves please send it.

No, it doesn't affect local multiplayer, since it doesn't rely on Nintendo servers.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just multiple save files.
If you have any of the Layton saves please send it.

No, it doesn't affect local multiplayer, since it doesn't rely on Nintendo servers.
DSTwo to the rescue (US saves, see attached).
I'll also grab Picross DS' stuff.

Attachments

• Layton.zip
    5 KB · Views: 3,253

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup :D
If anyone could bother, please upload the Layton saves for all of the other regions.
The european versions have different puzzles by the way
And in fact the Japanese and korean versions have 17 more wi-fi puzzles than all other versions, and even the rest are radically different. These would be hugely useful for a restoration patch that undummies (and translates) the scrapped puzzles from the overseas versions (which have 26/33 puzzles instead of 52 like in JP/KR)

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the first four Picross DS DLC packs. Why did Nintendo make WiFi stuff such a pain? So many confirmation boxes and no verification of which sets you've already downloaded.

Attachments

• Picross.zip
    39 KB · Views: 287

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Many of these in this list are just for online play with no DLC's :P

Could be more time saving if we had a list of DS Games with DLC not just WFC Connect since like for instance Mario Kart DS only has vs Multiplayer for WFC :P

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. In fact a lot of games with worthwhile "DLC" aren't listed here, besides the fact this list has a lot of "just online play" fat to trim.
Even that much information would help a lot (the list stops with 2008 releases)

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
For Picross 3D, it will take at least 2 savestates, 1 for the DLC regular (~41 packs), and 1 for the DLC challenges(assuming challenges fit on 1 save state)

I've already done Picross 3D(all three regions). Link's in the first post.

EDIT: -snip-
Wow, oops. The Picross DS saves I provided before were OK. My mistake. The default theme used on these downloaded levels is a pyramid-type thing where you dig out the pieces. I thought the ones that you didn't dig out were the ones that were part of the solution and that made me think there was something wrong, but it's the other way around. I feel like an idiot for not noticing this.

I've reuploaded the file to filetrip:
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/game-saves/download-picross-ds-wfc-puzzles-1-0-f32679.html

EDIT: Looks like someone merged my posts. Below was a separate post.
---------------------
Bibliothek der klassischen Bücher (GE)
100 Livres Classiques (FR)
100 Classic Book Collection (US)
100 Classic Books (UK)
DS Bungaku Zenshuu (JP)
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/game-saves/download-classic-books-wfc-books-1-0-f32680.html

I couldn't find any WiFi functionality in "200 klassische Bücher DS (GE)". "Chotto DS Bungaku Zenshu: Sekai no Bungaku 20 (JP)" is DSiWare, so good luck doing anything with that.

Also, in case you didn't see the edit in my last post, it turns out my Picross DS stuff was fine and I'm just a huge idiot. I reuploaded it, and the new link is in that post.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon Ranger games on the DS have *actual* DLC missions. Given that this is Pokemon, and that some of the DLC missions allow you to get certain legendaries and send them to a main Pokemon game, there was enough interest in hacking them in that people *did* create ways to add them to your save file, although the program to do so has some problems. See http://gbatemp.net/threads/guardian-signs-mission-injector.265884/

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I kept the old copy in the first post already :)

Oh, and there are other games with confirmed downloadable stuffs:
Beyond the Layton ones (all versions besides US), which are high priority..
there's Solatorobo (JP and PAL versions... exclusive quests - they were removed in the NA version)
Final Fantasy III (some quests are only done with requirements unlocked through Wi-Fi)
one of the Final Fantasy Christal Chronicles has an unlockable through Wi-Fi
Naruto Path of the Ninja II (a bunch of characters)
Transformers Autobots/Decepticons (and another alternate version) : it seems it needs a connection to the Wi-Fi service and 3000 medales (can use an AR for that) to unlock everything Wi-Fi related

If there's another one from p1's (incomplete) list with any sort of unlockable, it fits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-