Preparing to dump the AK2 for SCDS-1 or M3 Real?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Searinox, Jun 25, 2008.

Jun 25, 2008
  1. Searinox
    OP

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    AK2 had a bright future ahead. However, mine broke along with countless others', so many others that I refuse to touch it again. I was looking over to DX and I saw the SCDS-1 and M3 Real. Which one should I go for, which one has more features and how reliable are they in games?

2. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    as you know i was in the same boat as you with the defective acekard2
    i already had a scdsone so i stuck with it when getting my cart replaced by DX
    the scdsone is a good cart with good support & together with the triple loader makes it a great cart

myself i never considered the m3real but they have good support & i think you can boot a few loaders with it as well (itouch, Sakura & real)

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The Supercard team IMO has the most impressive product support in the industry. They are the only ones still adding new features to their slot 2 carts, even though everyone is buying slot 1 carts these days.

On the other hand, Sakura looks really pretty. I don't know any more about it than that.

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    As M3 Real user, I can tell you that Sakura looks amazing, it has best movie playback, everything you want to run you can do it from firmware (it has implemented multimedia support), and graphically, it's most advanced cart of all..
    On the other side, SuperCard is giving you options, it hes inferior GUI, but RTS, in-game-guide and such options make it most advanced cart on market..

Both carts are known for great support, both carts are made from well known teams that are involved into flashcart scene from the very start..

Whichever you decide to buy, you can't go wrong..

...and, M3 Real comes in a pack with free Rumble slot 2, or if you decide to buy Perfect bundle (a bit pricier) it comes with Rumble and GBA expansion (which is also a RAM expansion too)

5. Searinox
    OP

Romania
    ...and there aren't any bad batches in the wild right now on either right?

I'm going for the SCDS-1 at the moment, as far as I can see the M3 has slowdown and the SCDS-1 has RTS and game guide, aside from that they're identical feature-wise so I'm getting the richer one.

I dun need a slot-2. I have an EZflash 3in1 and I certainly do NOT need rumble, hell I even ripped the rumble motor outta mine. XD

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    As of right now, there's a little chance of getting either a defective SCDS1 or M3 Real.

If you're looking for features over GUI and looks, and care about the budget you have, then get SCDS1. Afterall, it is cheaper than the M3 real, while having most features in any carts currently (Correct me if I'm wrong though).

7. Searinox
    OP

Romania
    Alright I've made up my mind. SCDS-1 it is then. Thanks all.

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Yep, the SC DS-1 has more features but the M3 Real's OS and GUI are probably prefered but you won't go wrong with either.

9. Searinox
    OP

Romania
    I don't care much about OS GUI. I have placed my order on DX just now. Please be true...

10. unggoy

Newcomer unggoy Member

Philippines
    how's the spring-loaded microSD slot on the SC DS-1 & m3 real?.. do they seem to break easily?..

11. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    After 3 months of use, the spring on my Scds1 is still perfectly fine. Seems durable enough, in my opinion.

12. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I've used mine for almost a year now and it doesn't look like the spring will give up soon.

13. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, spring on both of my M3s (Real & Simply) are just fine and haven't given me problems not once..
    I like having spring, as it allows me to take out microSD without pulling cart out of the NDS..

14. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    The only card that had springs that broke easily were the first generation of R4's.
    Cards now have springs that don't break as easily.

15. bustyman100

Newcomer bustyman100 Advanced Member

New Zealand
    My AK2 was, like many young flash carts of our generation, taken from this mortal realm before its time. I don't think I will miss it much- its a pretty nothing special card except for a pretty GUI. Sakura blows it out of the water in that department anyway. I was eagerly awaiting the new AK all-in-one custom firmware though... so much for that.

I think I will just get DX to replace it with an iTouch DS since the m3 stuff has has better build quality. My m3 Real has been going strong for 6 months now. I also ordered a scds1 because I wanted RTS and RTG, I'm just hoping that its better than my horrid supercard lite (which can't do GBA or NDS games properly).

16. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    :bustyman100...You must of been unlucky with the supercard-lite it should of done .nds games really well, anyway good luck with your new purchases.

17. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    slot2 supercards were awful for GBA but you should not of had any problems with NDS