Hacking Preparing The Home Menu.. then black screen n3ds xl 10.4 emunand

haipro2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed ReiNand 31 and updated emunand to 10.4.
Now whenever i start emunand it say Preparing Home menu do not turn system off then it freeze into black screen.
It is not menuhax because i dont have menuhax.

I tried rebooting lot of times but never worked...
then I tried rxtool and it boot to black screen without the dialog so i dont think i brick emunand:)
edit: already said this is not menu hax problem!!!! I dont have meunuhax installed so dont tell anyone this is a menhax problem.
EDIT2: got it working now
for anyone with same problem, please use neighbor's wifi with different ISP and do NOT use auto dns which caused me many problem

edit 3: system setting now freeze emunand

Last edited by haipro2001,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
how much time did you wait on the black screen using reinand? the first boot up after the update can take a couple of minutes.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed ReiNand 31 and updated emunand to 10.4.
Now whenever i start emunand it say Preparing Home menu do not turn system off then it freeze into black screen.
It is not menuhax because i dont have menuhax.

I tried rebooting lot of times but never worked...
then I tried rxtool and it boot to black screen without the dialog so i dont think i brick emunand:)
rxtools still hasnt support for 9.5+ so black screen seems normal, did you get the new firmware.bin for reinand 3.1? you cant use the 3.0 one anymore

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to ask the same thing. Several people in my tutorial have that problem, the update goes through, says preparing home menu and then it goes black. You can still press power and get the standby screen but home menu doesn't appear. So it's kind of a soft brick.

That has nothing to do with incompatible cfw or wrong firmware file, if that were the case, it would just black screen from the beginning and not even load the emunand. (like it does for him with rxtools as it just not supports 10.4 yet)

I would also like to know the reason of that and how to fix. Faulty update? Something wrong in the emunand at the first place?

Maybe it's also downgrade related?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

holy crap already trying to restore 9.2 emu backup to see if i brick cfw
Restoring fixes it, it's just like before then.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: N64

Twilight Seeker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A number of people had the same issue when updating their emuNAND to 9.5 back then as well. There are 2 possible fixes - first, see if removing the profile folder of the emuNAND (move it off the SD card) helps. If that works, move the contents back onto the SD card, but do not overwrite any of the new files in the new profile folder that should be automatically generated again. If it doesn't, formatting your sysnand again and starting over may help.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could also be menuhax related.

I tried an update with sysUpdater, and instead of a crash after "Opening the Home Menu" I get a reboot (leading to a crash anyway when it tries to load rei again (so not a real reboot?)).
Now I think of it, this is sounding like menuhax. I did change the theme on 9.2 emunand but this probably doesn't reset the 10.2+ method which uses shuffle, which didn't exist in 9.2.

...yep, I was right! Uses the same config as the sysnand menuhax, so after the rei splash, hold the menuhax keys!

see above

The difference was that I went to 10.3 with sysupdater instead of 10.4 - must handle menuhax differently. But yes, after properly removing menuhax in 10.3 emunand I've successfully updated to 10.4 and everything works!
So the real lesson here is that if you've used 10.2+ menuhax (i think some people call it shufflehax?) it can't be removed in 9.2.

haipro2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FUCK. it is working now. i just updated to 104 again with google dns. I think my isp corrupted something also when i first bought my 3ds i wasnt be able to play online unless i use my neighbor 's wifi which have more expensive isp

Reactions: ihaveahax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1