Hacking Preparing for NSMB Wii question

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I understand that New Super Mario Bros Wii will require an update to 4.1, has this been confirmed? If so, what's the best way to prepare the Wii so my homebrew won't be damaged or anything (i.e using the safe update to 4.2). My Wii is currently at 3.4U and I use Boot2 BootMii. I just want to make sure I don't wreck anything when I get the game on Sunday.

Thanks

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
OK DONT FOLLOW MY OLD ADVICE: THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO!

1. Use GeckoOS to bypass Updates. (IF IT DOES NOT LAUNCH GO TO STEP 2)
2. Install IOS53 using DOP-IOS, Then Launch it with GeckoOS.
And if you're looking to put it on USB Loader
3. Look for the SMNP01.GCT Ocarina Patch File That You will need to use to run it.

And that is all my friend.
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

rizzod said:
Im still on 4.0 (Waninkoko) Works Fine, Although you have to install IOS53, Use DOP-IOS Installer..
This, also if you're on softmod you have to use USB Loader GX, or WiiFlow, with either a) Alternate DOL (Look around you'll find it somewhere) or b) The latest version of WiiFlow which can be found on the first post in the NSMBWii "All infos" thread.

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rizzod said:
Im still on 4.0 (Waninkoko) Works Fine, Although you have to install IOS53, Use DOP-IOS Installer..

My Advice is this:

1. Install Waninkoko's 4.0
2. Install IOS53 using DOP-IOS
3. Look for the SMNP01.GCT Ocarina Patch File That You will need to use to run it.

wink.gif

I don't use USB loaders or anything like that. I think you may have misunderstood. I am going to pick the game up on Sun morning and want to be able to play it without messing up my BootMii, HBC and homebrew. I don't use backups (and I don't have anything against those who do), just emulators really and I just wanna make sure I don't mess it all up. Also, I heard Waninkoko's isn't that good and it has messup some peoples Wiis.

Thanks

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont install Waninkoko 4.0 it will download a stub IOS60 and that will brick your we

You dont need to update, just use something like pre-loader, starpatch ect to skip updates

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rizzod said:

My Advice is this:

1. Install Waninkoko's 4.0
2. Install IOS53 using DOP-IOS

wink.gif

DONT DO IT LIKE THIS !

If you want a nice brick you'll do this. Wanin's updater installs the latest IOS60 version, which is a stub now.

D

Deleted User

Nah it should be fine dude, as long as you have IOS53 from dopIOS trucha patched.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah wont he have to install IOS53 tho? or was that the old way to run it for the burned discs?

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaz808 said:
Dont install Waninkoko 4.0 it will download a stub IOS60 and that will brick your we

You dont need to update, just use something like pre-loader, starpatch ect to skip updates

I thought starpatch only ran on 4.0 and up. At least that's what it sounded like when I read about it on wiibrew. I was think of using that Safe update method that was posted on this board. Oh and I wasn't planning on using Waninkoko, I read all about the trouble it caused hehe.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the guide here

It is partly taken from the guide here

I used a combination of the two and my Wii is now on 4.2, and still has BootMii as Boot2, all homebrew is functional, and we have one happy camper.

Bye

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
So hold on, im clueless here?... Does he or does he not, Need IOS53? 'Cos I Had to install it.
And you can just use GeckoOS to bypass the update easily..

D

Deleted User

Well, if he tries to play it and it doesn't work, then yeah, he needs to install it with dopIOS and patch it from within dopIOS. Then it will definitely work.

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caster62003 said:
Follow the guide here

It is partly taken from the guide here

I used a combination of the two and my Wii is now on 4.2, and still has BootMii as Boot2, all homebrew is functional, and we have one happy camper.

Bye

That's great Caster but that guide tells how to mod an unmodded system. My Wii already has BootMii and HBC installed and I just want to prevent the update on NSMB from messing them up.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah just follow the guide, i updated it now.. it's actually alot more safer now.
sorry bout that wanin hiccup.. phew... i had no clue...

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rizzod said:
OK DONT FOLLOW MY OLD ADVICE: THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO!

1. Use GeckoOS to bypass Updates. (IF IT DOES NOT LAUNCH GO TO STEP 2)
2. Install IOS53 using DOP-IOS.

wink.gif
just use neogamma...works well either backup disc or usb hdd.

on the OP you can run this game even at your system menu right now...if you do not want to update, then use preloader hacks or startpatch to skip disc updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c