Homebrew Preparing for CBHC, am I good?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, i've got Haxchi installed over a copy of Brain Training that I got for free from the eShop. Confirmed it both boots into the CFW sysmenu and homebrew launcher.

Now it's just a case of installing CBHC over it, am I right?

Also, I wanted to ask about installing a Homebrew Launcher Channel. After CBHC, I assume it's just installing the channel with Wup installer like any other game?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers. I tend to overthink things, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you install cbhc last, don't install cbhc and then go back to haxchi, it will brick. Or install haxchi and then cbhc you cant go wrong. Also make sure your wiiu boots back into the main menu after cbhc install dont install it and then reset asap let it run. Yes and also make sure you do select Brain Training on cbhc install double check for your roms correct don't use anything else or even a back up etc.. for cbhc. It must be off eshop and the latest version, if you still have the old free Brian Training on your menu, delete it and re-download it of eshop the original will brick!

Last edited by Reecey,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and, uninstall (if u ever need to) with the app. I've uninstalled with it, and there were no issues. also, if u copy the haxchi to internal memory, be warned that the usb version will override the NAND version with its meta folder. that's y I uninstalled the first time, 'cause I didn't think the haxchi game's image and information had changed. I just left it the second time, because moving the game would've caused a question mark tile in mocha redNAND. I want both NANDs looking perfect. :)

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you install cbhc last, don't install cbhc and then go back to haxchi, it will brick. Or install haxchi and then cbhc you cant go wrong. Also make sure your wiiu boots back into the main menu after cbhc install dont install it and then reset asap let it run. Yes and also make sure you do select Brain Training on cbhc install double check for your roms correct don't use anything else or even a back up etc.. for cbhc. It must be off eshop and the latest version, if you still have the old free Brian Training on your menu, delete it and re-download it of eshop the original will brick!

I've already downloaded Brain Training and installed Haxchi over that, and double checked that Haxchi works properly (it boots into the CFW sysmenu and into the homebrew launcher). Basically just install CBHC and let it run, then I adjust settings after reboot?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copy or move the game to the internal flash, unplug any usb devices. that's it really. u'll get cbhc menu when the system boots up. if u want to choose something to autoboot, that's where u make ur selection. if u change ur mind, hit home when it says autobooting to get back to the menu.

D

Deleted User

Welcome to CBHC master race i guess.
If you ever feel like booting into anything else then press Home buttom when "Autobooting..." message appears.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am one of the CBHC master race now, yes. Everything went according to plan and will now autoboot to Sysmenu.

Quick follow up question - Is it still possible to run a game straight from the quick menu on the gamepad? Will it autoboot and then run the game as normal?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a good question. I'm not sure. I turned off my quick menu when I was using redNAND, because it causes weird light glitches.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, I might do the same and turn it off to make sure.

I also assume running vWii is fine as well? I don't see that touched on.

Last edited by G0R3Z,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may only be for fw.img redNAND, but I dunno. u should try using the quick menu to see if it does anything. I've not read anything about it not working or that it causes any problems. I'm sure a lot of people have their quick menu enabled since a lot of people didn't jump on the redNAND bandwagon since it was too involved.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it may only be for fw.img redNAND, but I dunno. u should try using the quick menu to see if it does anything. I've not read anything about it not working or that it causes any problems. I'm sure a lot of people have their quick menu enabled since a lot of people didn't jump on the redNAND bandwagon since it was too involved.

I don't use any advanced hacks or anything. I literally just play games. I just wanted to use some Eshop titles and Virtual console games that require the CFW.

I don't want to use the quick menu just in case I brick for some reason xD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved on from redNAND, because it's easier to use sysNAND. plus, there have been a lot of threads about redNAND corruption. I've tested both sysNAND and mocha redNAND with cbhc. both work perfectly....but I stay with sysNAND. I usually don't play any downloaded games. I almost always play games that I bought like tropical freeze and new super mario bros u. I bought 75 games digitallyl

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got many disc games that I wanted to rip to a hard drive for easy access. I normally don't advocate piracy but i'm not paying for Metroid Prime Trilogy when I already own it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think of myself as collecting the games. I usually can't have fun playing a pirated game, because it cost me nothing.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tend to only pirate games that I know I can't get ahold of normally. In the UK, games are often very rare. The Wii U was sold in very limited supplies in Pal, because it was evident it wasn't doing well. I couldn't get a copy of the original Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, anywhere. People wanted £50 for it, an outrageous price. Just the tip of the iceberg, many retro games are so expensive, even moreso here than the US, since we're a small country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1