Preparing files for WUP install, no entry appears in the app

bnmcmhn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could get a WAD for this game. I believe that WUP installer GX installs the files once they are in .app etc format. So I found a program ShowMiiWads 1.4 x64 that seems to extract the files fine and they look this.

Capture.PNG

This looks right to me and they are in SD/install/Bomberman blast. However the loader can't see any entry for bomberman at all. Why can't I install files by putting them in the directory? Is there something I am missing to get the installler to see the files

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best option imo is to use usb loader gx. it can create an emunand for you and inject wads with unlimited space and no risk to the system. they're both under "features" if I'm not mistaken.

bnmcmhn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
best option imo is to use usb loader gx. it can create an emunand for you and inject wads with unlimited space and no risk to the system. they're both under "features" if I'm not mistaken.
Will looked into this, thing I want everything on the Wii U menu

bnmcmhn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think I explained myself properly. I want to inject this game to work directly from the Wii U menu and external storage. So I found a way to convert the wad files to iso, then used TechoMoon injector to convert the files into a format WUP Installer can install onto the channel. All the files look like they are in the correct format just like the other injected files but they do not appear in the list of installable games in the WUP installer. Am I missing something, is there something else that the WUP installer is looking for?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While it looks good on first try it doesn't on second:
  • No .h3 files
  • The .tik, .cert and .tmd files have the wrong filenames.
  • There should be no .trailer file.
Or as @godreborn already told:
they're not the same thing.

I don't think I explained myself properly. I want to inject this game to work directly from the Wii U menu
The problem is not you're not explainig yourself probably but you not listening:
can't put wads on the wii u menu.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't convert a wad to iso as it would have to be installed to vwii and then a forwarder can be installed on wii u side that points to the wad in vwii.

The output you got when you converted the wad is missing files (as per @V10lator post) so it will never be installed I'm afraid, you will have to follow the advice above from myself or @godreborn.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou