PRELOADER WILL LOCK YOUR WII ON 1st OF APRIL! NASTY JOKE

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Screemer, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Screemer
    OP

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
  2. nintendolinky

nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    Im not stupid, it was just a spur of the moment thing. GUYS DONT DELETE IOS60!!!!!!!

3. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Wow, that's a pretty lame "joke." It's obvious that people will panic and do something stupid when it seems the console is already screwed up.

4. Screemer
    OP

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
    didn't want to call you stupid. sorry if it seemed so.

it's a german saying: don't do something stupid. it just means don't do anything you might regret.

5. nintendolinky

nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    No offense taken, it was a stupid thing to do, hopefully i can play dum tomorrow and get another new one.

6. Baker_Au

Baker_Au Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2008
    It was actually quite funny [​IMG].

I really don't think anyone will bugger anything up, and to be honest if they did without researching it they probably shouldn't be using the tools!

7. funnystory

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    nah i dont think it was cool to that as nintendolinky is like the 3rd person to do the same thing.It would of crapped my pants if i lived in uk and it was april 1st rite now

8. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I was thinking that april 1st all the nintendo wiis that have been hacked and that use wifi may turn on there owners and start taking sites down .....you know what I mean

9. Maximillion

Maximillion Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2009
    I wish i had posted quicker maybe could helped him before he uninstalled it =(
    Im just waiting for the next post about the joke, "I broke my wii It was repairing and took ages so i took it apart and resoldered things now it wont power on" should always try the simplest things first [​IMG] lol

10. FlatFrogger

FlatFrogger GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2007
    Nice to know i'm not the only one who thinks its funny, glad to know all sense of humour hasn't dried up [​IMG]

11. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    I never liked preloader for some reason on 3.2 i stuck with starfall and on 4.0 startfall is working awsome so u really dont need it and after this frankly NOT funny "joke" im even happier i dont use it

12. funnystory

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    roomy i agree its not funny to make these jokes.This is like trying to trip someone with down syndrome its just not right.You might think its funny for a second,but its really cruel.

13. estebanchaidez

estebanchaidez Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2009
    United States
    heh, at least it separates the impatient ones from the patient ones. so i found it funny due to that.

14. joda

joda GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2007
    UmeƄ
    Additional funny is that the April_Fools() function seems b0rked. After a few reboots, I only got coredumps, even from a hard power off (red led).

Panic -> calm -> eject all periferals -> retry.

It seems it coredumps as long as I have an sd-card inserted; doesn't matter if sdhc or not (tried both). Have it eject, and preloader boots to the prank screen. From there just hit A and boot system menu.

I can confirm that this was because of the prank, since after I set the date to 4/2, preloader never dumps any more.

15. Screemer
    OP

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
    crediar could have at least tested it. codedumping is not a vvery usefull feature.

16. kikoolol

kikoolol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    United States
    Ahah funny, very funny. [​IMG]

17. feidhlim1986

feidhlim1986 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    I assume this is only on v0.29 cos I have had no problems with v0.28

18. SanGor

SanGor Witchhunter

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    how many have you seen with that problem now ? ONE person and you directly blame crediar for not testing it ...

19. Screemer
    OP

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
    who else would be to blame? you always need sb to blame and here i am to blame.

crediar is doing excellent work but in my eyes this joke is a little bit nasty.

20. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    Wtf? So there was something built into wii-brew that leads you to believe there is something wrong with your console on april 1st?

And its caused people to panic & do things that have ended up with bricked wii's?

Wtf? [​IMG]