Hacking Preloader v0.29 Can't Autoboot HBC

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,670
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey I can no longer launch the homebrew channel from preloader after updating from 1.03 to 1.06 version of the homebrew channel. I did some reading and I am aware the fix is to install preloader v0.30 but when I run v0.29 and click on the dol under load installed file it says it loaded it but nothing seems to happen...preloader seems to be corrupt is there any other way for me to install? Thanks for any help...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just install the priiloader v0.4 boot.dol as a file in preloader, then load the installed file, it will take u to the priiloader installer, then update priiloader

problem solved

fyi, there any many many many different ways to solve this problem, so I suspect others like tj_cool will likely give u different advice that will also work

D

Deleted User

OP
that's part of my prob preloader seems fouled up somehow i can still load the homebrew channel and system menu but when i clicl on load installed file and click on the boot.dol for a different preloader it says it installed but it really doesnt???!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ok, so go to the system menu, then go to the HBC, then run the priiloader v0.4 installer

edit: btw, installing that file doesn't update your priiloader, all that does is saves the new installer to your wii, then if u run the installed file, it should run the installer, which would then allow u to update priiloader

D

Deleted User

OP
thanks for helping me but i wonder if something is wrong with my sd card maybe when i try the hbc to install it says it isnt a valid wii file when i try to install priiiloader via preloader it says write failed..

D

Deleted User

OP
update reformatted my sd card and tried again this time preloader ran from hbc like xflak said it finished insall and i can boot to hbc from priiloader again yay! i was worried my wii was bricked...now only problem is when i boot up i go straight to system menu i assume that is a setting thing but if i hold reset at power up it loads priiloader and it works like it supposed to thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol