Hacking preloader v starfall

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got both running alongside each other and I have experienced no problems so far. Just make sure to install Starfall before preloader because the starfall installer will not start if you have preloader installed.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've missed some of the latest developments. so what exactly is preloader?
I have starfall installed already, with all the hacks that should save me from a banner brick.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kedest said:
I have starfall installed already, with all the hacks that should save me from a banner brick.
preloader is an app that can be loaded even before the actual sys menu loads
it can boot any .dol file or the homebrew channel, so you can unbrick your wii
the starfall hacks can also be enabled by preloader (so you don't need starfall anymore)
Forsaekn is developing a new app called Dashboard, that loads even before preloader does

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
kedest said:
preloader is an app that can be loaded even before the actual sys menu loads
it can boot any .dol file or the homebrew channel, so you can unbrick your wii
the starfall hacks can also be enabled by preloader (so you don't need starfall anymore)
Forsaekn is developing a new app called Dashboard, that loads even before preloader does

Thanks, so it might be worth it to install preloader now.
i've heard about that new app too. Is Dashboard the new name for Bootmii or is that another thing?

westcor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question....
I am on 3.2U, with starfall installed.
I want to install preloader 0.27, do I need to uninstall starfall (aka remove hacks)?
I would like to keep starfall installed incase something happens with the preloader install, what do you guys think?

D

Deleted User

Do you READ?

If you read the whole thread, you would know it's safe to install Starfall prior before installing Preloader.

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so since preloader can run .dol before the system menu starts, can it help with recovering a banner brick on a soft modded wii with no access to an original copy of tp?

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
Help me guys - I have Preloader v0.27 on a 3.2e. It works fine but when I boot HBC from preloader it crashes (get a glitchy HC SD loading screen). Weird thing is thoug, if I start the system menu up, press the reset button then bring up the preloader menu and launch HC it works?????????

The reason I ask is that I might need the HBC if I ever brick?

I've asked loads of time but nobody seems to know an answer?

PS. have gone through the whole disable hacks and then reinstalled the whole process again and still the same?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Col70 said:
Help me guys - I have Preloader v0.27 on a 3.2e. It works fine but when I boot HBC from preloader it crashes (get a glitchy HC SD loading screen). Weird thing is thoug, if I start the system menu up, press the reset button then bring up the preloader menu and launch HC it works?????????

The reason I ask is that I might need the HBC if I ever brick?

I've asked loads of time but nobody seems to know an answer?

PS. have gone through the whole disable hacks and then reinstalled the whole process again and still the same?
You don't need the HBC if you brick
all it does is booting .dol files, preloader can do that too
maybe the HBC crash is a preloader glitch?

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
You could well be right there - never considered that?!

So if I bricked which DOL would I use?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afif95 said:
Do you READ?

If you read the whole thread, you would know it's safe to install Starfall prior before installing Preloader.
also IMO a waste of time considering preloader does the same and more.
i wouldnt rely on preloader for dol booting its picky with what works i have installed another loader with the ID HAXX and that boots fine using the hbc functions from preloader.

and most fill their installed file with POC now
smile.gif

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
afif95 said:
Do you READ?

also IMO a waste of time considering preloader does the same and more.
i wouldnt rely on preloader for dol booting its picky with what works i have installed another loader with the ID HAXX and that boots fine using the hbc functions from preloader.

and most fill their installed file with POC now
smile.gif

What did you install and how?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Col70:
If you look at my sig I have preloader and from it's main menu I can boot straight to the HBC no problem.
And POC is use by a lot of people I'm one RayMan Rabbit Intro then a custom menu. Preloader is just Starfall on another level "actually control" you can enable and disable the hacks you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended