Hacking Preloader Update stuck!

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had preloader installed already (0.28), once I accessed the preloader menu, the 'UPDATE' option appeared so since there was a 0.29 ver I decided to UPDATE it, however the problem is that it seems the update got stuck...

"downloading changelog..." it's been like that for like 4 hours now. Did I do something wrong?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kirokun said:
I had preloader installed already (0.28), once I accessed the preloader menu, the 'UPDATE' option appeared so since there was a 0.29 ver I decided to UPDATE it, however the problem is that it seems the update got stuck...

"downloading changelog..." it's been like that for like 4 hours now. Did I do something wrong?

If you're still on 3.2 there was no reason to do that if you're going to be updating your Wii anyways. Any change to your system menu at all will get rid of preloader so you would have to install it again after you update anyways.

As for what to do now, if it's been frozen for that long, there's likely nothing else you can really do about it. Were you able to get bootmii installed to boot2 after removing cioscorp or did you not get to any of that yet?

If you did get it installed, you should be safe regardless, otherwise if you can't get out of it with any other buttons or anything I suppose all you can do is just hold the power button to shut it down and hope it still boots ok. (If it was just downloading the changelog and didn't actually INSTALL anything yet, it should be fine.)

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1 now, I don't have the boot2 thing on the SD card but I have saved it into my laptop as well as my NAND.

edit: well i got my preloader hacks and everything is good now, except MP2 and Muramasa still wont play, but at least i got the latest version of everything :l

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kirokun said:
I'm on 4.1 now, I don't have the boot2 thing on the SD card but I have saved it into my laptop as well as my NAND.

edit: well i got my preloader hacks and everything is good now, except MP2 and Muramasa still wont play, but at least i got the latest version of everything :l

Muramasa still won't load through NeoGamma R7 after updating all of your IOS's? Or were you trying to load it through the disc channel or something after getting rid of CIOSCORP?

Also regarding bootmii, you were able to install it to boot2 and make a NAND backup, but then just backed up everything to your laptop? You can leave the bootmii folder on your SD card and just use the bootmii configuration editor to set it to autoboot whatever you want after however many seconds you want it to stay on the bootmii menu (0 seconds to go directly)

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
kirokun said:

Muramasa still won't load through NeoGamma R7 after updating all of your IOS's? Or were you trying to load it through the disc channel or something after getting rid of CIOSCORP?

Also regarding bootmii, you were able to install it to boot2 and make a NAND backup, but then just backed up everything to your laptop? You can leave the bootmii folder on your SD card and just use the bootmii configuration editor to set it to autoboot whatever you want after however many seconds you want it to stay on the bootmii menu (0 seconds to go directly)

I used neogamma r7 to load muramasa, no luck, same for MPtrilogy: MP2

As for bootmii, I did install it and made the backup which is now on my laptop, also I took out the bootmii folder (aka boot2) so that it won't load on startup, but now that i'm thinking about it maybe I should leave it on.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kirokun said:
nabster92 said:
kirokun said:

As for bootmii, I did install it and made the backup which is now on my laptop, also I took out the bootmii folder (aka boot2) so that it won't load on startup, but now that i'm thinking about it maybe I should leave it on.

The folder itself isn't boot2. Boot2 is something on your Wii that loads before the system menu (boot0 -> boot1 -> boot2 -> system menu) Bootmii is always installed to boot2 if you installed it as that. All that is installed to boot2 is code on 2 blocks of NAND that basically have it look through the SD card for the bootmii folder. The bootmii folder is bootmii itself.

As for the games...Not sure what's wrong with muramasa. Either it's a bad burn or you're still missing an IOS or something. Have you looked through dop-IOS and checked if you're missing anything/anything is out of date?

Haven't tried MP2 yet myself, still going through MP1 again, but MP2 could be a problem with the cIOS because rev14 breaks dual layer support, I thought it might just be MP3 that would be on the second layer, but if MP2 has stuff there too,you would have to use a different cIOS like rev13a or maybe Hermes cIOS.

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
kirokun said:
nabster92 said:
kirokun said:

The folder itself isn't boot2. Boot2 is something on your Wii that loads before the system menu (boot0 -> boot1 -> boot2 -> system menu) Bootmii is always installed to boot2 if you installed it as that. All that is installed to boot2 is code on 2 blocks of NAND that basically have it look through the SD card for the bootmii folder. The bootmii folder is bootmii itself.

As for the games...Not sure what's wrong with muramasa. Either it's a bad burn or you're still missing an IOS or something. Have you looked through dop-IOS and checked if you're missing anything/anything is out of date?

Haven't tried MP2 yet myself, still going through MP1 again, but MP2 could be a problem with the cIOS because rev14 breaks dual layer support, I thought it might just be MP3 that would be on the second layer, but if MP2 has stuff there too,you would have to use a different cIOS like rev13a or maybe Hermes cIOS.

Well yea but thats what i kinda meant, I put the bootmii folder in and it boots into that menu thing.
I burned 2 Muramasa Discs already im pretty sure it's not my discs.
I'll check that IOS but ill just tell you that im pretty sure I do have the IOS which should be IOS 53 for Muramasa.
My MPT game is DVD5 which basically deletes MP3 so that I can use a single layer disc. I was able to play through MP1 perfectly (damn that door glitch, still there D:) but I cannot paly MP2, it says "cannot read disc look for the manual..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.