PreLoader to Priiloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by timishu, Aug 13, 2010.

Aug 13, 2010

PreLoader to Priiloader by timishu at 3:26 AM (884 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I've decided that since PreLoader is outdated that I'd like to move to Priiloader. However, before doing this, I have a few questions.

1. Will I need to uninstall PreLoader (i.e. Reinstall the System Menu)?

2. If I run the Priiloader installer, that is, without doing anything to PreLoader, will it just overwrite PreLoader?

3. Lastly, will I need to run the Hacks Remover for the .ini file, and will PreLoader provide me with those same hacks?

Preemptive thanks to anyone who can help.

2. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The priiloader installer lears ot all the crap from preloader beore it installs itself. So no need for uninstalling.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    1, 2. That's not needed. You can overwrite preloader directly with priiloader's installer. It will overwrite the current install fine. [​IMG]
    3. I don't know anything of a "hack remover". But priiloader supports the same hacks as preloader, and they should still be there after the upgrade (afaik, each update just keeps the settings of the previous settings). Nonetheless, I'd play safe and make a quick note of which hacks you've got enabled.

Oh, and if you want support for HBC 1.0.7: download the latest version on google code (priiloader 5 beta 4 atm), go into the settings to enable the download of beta's, and download the latest version from within the program.
    (note: it may be called beta, but in the month I'm using it, it never did anything strange).

4. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Very nice. Thanks a ton.