Hacking preloader region free problem

liteon6x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
hey guys i just installed softmii 1.0 and enable region free wii games in preloader but i cant load super smash bros pal on my ntsc wii in the disc channel i get unable to read disc

liteon6x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
i didnt change any option in arc its all set to usa
i keep getting unable to read disc with ntsc/j and pal games only ntsc works
if i use gamma loader all games work but at the disc channel only ntsc games show up

has anyone gotten pal or ntsc/j to work on a ntsc wii with softmii/preloader 2.7

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liteon6x said:
i didnt change any option in arc its all set to usa
i keep getting unable to read disc with ntsc/j and pal games only ntsc works
if i use gamma loader all games work but at the disc channel only ntsc games show up

has anyone gotten pal or ntsc/j to work on a ntsc wii with softmii/preloader 2.7

Not in ARC in Preloader.
Turn Wii off, hold the reset button, push the power on keep holding reset.
Now your in Preloader main menu, go settings/systemhacks what do you see. There should be a list of hack from the Hack .ini on your SD root. Disable "Force Disc Region" enable all the others, then save. B button twice to preloader main menu.
Exit to systemmenu, power down your Wii. Then power on see if the disc loads now.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
liteon6x said:
i had installed starfall and enable region free there i will virginize my wii and then try again

You don't have to! Just disable the force-options in Preloader like everybody here said...

Heykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with playing PAL titles on my NTSC system when I first moved from Gamma 0.3 to Softmii..

1. It is NOT the hacks.ini option for FORCE DISC REGION. If everything with the softmii install was done right it is not needed.

2. The problem was that I followed the tutorial too closely based on the instructions that if you have Starfall etc then you can skip to Section 3.
You need to start at Section 2 and follow it till then end. It is in section 2 that ARC (Any Region Changer) is run and patches are applied to the system that enable the region free functions.

3. Once I did this I had my hacks.ini loaded with all the Region 289 NTSC hacks and had Force Disc Region set to enabled I had another issue where starting a disc from my own region would boot to a black screen. (did not matter if it was an original or a backup) I went back in and disabled Force Disc Region and then everything including PAL discs was working perfectly.

Good luck

liteon6x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Heykrop said:
I had the same problem with playing PAL titles on my NTSC system when I first moved from Gamma 0.3 to Softmii..

1. It is NOT the hacks.ini option for FORCE DISC REGION. If everything with the softmii install was done right it is not needed.

2. The problem was that I followed the tutorial too closely based on the instructions that if you have Starfall etc then you can skip to Section 3.
You need to start at Section 2 and follow it till then end. It is in section 2 that ARC (Any Region Changer) is run and patches are applied to the system that enable the region free functions.

3. Once I did this I had my hacks.ini loaded with all the Region 289 NTSC hacks and had Force Disc Region set to enabled I had another issue where starting a disc from my own region would boot to a black screen. (did not matter if it was an original or a backup) I went back in and disabled Force Disc Region and then everything including PAL discs was working perfectly.

Good luck

thanks mate that did the trick i skipped phase 2 because i was already on 3.2 via cios downgrader

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tried same steps.....2 or 3 times just to be sure. Starting from Phase 2 as suggested.

NTSC -U Wii NTSC games run from Disc Channel

Fifa 09 PAL Still only loads through Gamma Nothing in Disc Channel

ExciteTruck PAL Still only loads through Gamma Nothing in Disc Channel

Any Advice? It doesn't bother me to load them through Gamma just thought I should post my results.

I did have Starfall installed but assumed that running ARC would have removed it.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you used arc then no you don't have starfall. ARC Removes its hacks, and if you used the 1.5mod version it institutes its own. and preloader negates the need for starfall even if you didnt use arc, as it has all the starfall hacks and then some. the only way you would still have starfall is if you installed it after arc and before preloader, in which case you may experience problems from duplicate hacks being attempted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over