timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, using the HackMii installer I updated my Homebrew Channel to 1.0.5, thinking it would be harmless. Well, as it turns out, PreLoader doesn't really like it. I tried going to the PreLoader Menu to launch Homebrew Channel, and I got "Error Loading HBC, Maybe title not installed?". Well, it is installed, and I have no way to get to it other than through the System Menu. What can I do about this? Is there anyway to make the Homebrew Channel compatible again with PreLoader, or did I just get tricked out of my own Brick Protection?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the reason is that HBC is installed using a different title ID now because 4.2 update started searching out and delete the other title "HAXX". So when preloader looks for it, it can't find it.

Couple things you can do....get an older version of HBC that still uses HAXX title (1.0.3 does) but only if you aren't running system menu 4.2

OR

you can wait for preloader to update its pointer to the new title ID. which I'm not sure if preloader .30 does...cause i haven't used it...

timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
borissaid said:
Or you can install the HAXX forwarder wad thats floating around... that "bypasses" the problem.

Sounds intense. If it's risky, as in "bypasses the problem", then I'm not looking for it. Can I just uninstall, then reinstall the HBC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte