Hacking preloader help

toejam316

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey gents,
I installed preloader on my Wii (which I upgraded from 3.3E to 4.2E using WAD Manager and the correct WADs), and it's all running fine, except for one curiosity.
When I try launch my System Menu, Preloader tells me it can't autoboot System Menu, as there isn't a ES_Identify bug in my IOS 70.
Being both curious and lazy, I decided I'd just tell it to run my System Menu on IOS 249 (Waninkoko's cIOS Rev 14, in my case) and everythings running fine now.
So, should I keep running it as it is, or should I install a copy of IOS 70 with the ES_Identify bug? Will it have any negative impact on my Wii if I keep running my System Menu on IOS 249, and will it have any negative impact on my Wii if I trucha my IOS 70?
The only thing I can personally think of being a issue running my system menu on IOS 249 is that it might stop some games loading from discs, which isn't really a issue for me as I run all my games off my USB Hard Drive.
Thanks for the help!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Read xzxero guide at the top of the board.Inside the guide will be an email address to get some files from and included in the files is the ios70 with the es identify bug

I think installing the patched ios after installing preloader will give you a system menu corrupt message though so you might wanna do some searches on the board or wait until someone else can confirm this or not.

toejam316

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Alrighty then, thanks for the heads up guys.
Turns out I wasn't looking quite as hard as I should've been, so I've installed a "FreeTheBug" version of IOS 70, and have my system menu running on that now.
Oh, and icpmattj, I think you're thinking of the System Menu itself. Preloader installs itself in place of the system menu, then redirects to that. It doesn't touch the IOSes (at least, the 0.30 installer doesn't. I think 0.29 might patch one of the IOSes with trucha).
Thanks for the help!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just figured .30 was the same as the previous version where if you patched to system menu ios file after installing preloader it would give the system menu corrupt message.I know thats how it worked on preloader .29 i didnt know it was fixed in .30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....