Hacking PreLoader Bricked my Wii?!?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i looked at this Guide... http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html

and follwed a guide some where on here (i don't rember which one.)

so what should i do...

also i get a black screen when i start the wii...

and i think i used this...

IOS60/61 Installer /Patcher

from a guide....

anyway to fix? or am i fucked in the ass!?!

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
preloader didnt brick your wii, using IOS60/61 Installer /Patcher did, as it downloads a stub ios60.

unless you have bootmii installed as boot2 and a nand backup, your wii is now bricked.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
preloader didnt brick your wii, using IOS60/61 Installer /Patcher did, as it downloads a stub ios60.

unless you have bootmii installed as boot2 and a nand backup, your wii is now bricked.

well i'm fucked... i just read this after the IOS60/61 thing (god damn guide i think it should be erased..)

good thing i have my wii under gamestop warrenty he he he... suckers!!

also i think i do have bootmii installed how do i run it from the black screen?

doped505069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so do ypu accsses pre;oader or your wii just goes black because if u need to access preloader you press reset or eject when u turn on the wii cant remember which one u can also launch apps from there and instal them and acsess the HBC even if your wii is bricked in some cases and you maybe able to fix wat u have recked in there ny using preloader happened to me 2 shit preloader

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doped505069 said:
so do ypu accsses pre;oader or your wii just goes black because if u need to access preloader you press reset or eject when u turn on the wii cant remember which one u can also launch apps from there and instal them and acsess the HBC even if your wii is bricked in some cases and you maybe able to fix wat u have recked in there ny using preloader happened to me 2 shit preloader

it just goes black i'm going search for that guide... now...

<-=reppa=-&gt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you installed Preloader, turn on your wii and hold the reset button, you will launch the preloader where you have access to the homebrew channel.
get nus downloader for windows and download IOS 60 latest version and let it pack into a wad, put that wad into your sd card an install it with the wad manager.

the reason why this happens is, nintendo wants to fight us and they changed the first IOS60 version into a dummy file, because the new system update 4.2 no longer needs IOS60 to work with the system menu.

so your IOS60 installer installed the no longer needed first IOS60 version and your wii is bricked.

but you installed preloader so you can fix that problem, if not....then....you're really fucked in the ass

Edit: damn, so many replys in that short time .__.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if your wii still has warranty, you wont have bootmii as boot2, as your wii will be far too new.

bootmii as ios is useless as far as brick protection goes, and you have no way of launching it.

preloader is toast too, as you already know, due to the stub ios60.

next time dont blindly follow old out of date guides.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
if your wii still has warranty, you wont have bootmii as boot2, as your wii will be far too new.

bootmii as ios is useless as far as brick protection goes, and you have no way of launching it.

preloader is toast too, as you already know, due to the stub ios60.

next time dont blindly follow old out of date guides.

good idea i just looked at the date and i was like oh fuck

well here's the guide i used any way...

QUOTE(assassda @ Apr 1 2009, 01:38 PM)
This is the ULTIMATE Tutorial for everything you need for System Menu 4.0
for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

There are two methods described in this guide. Online and completely Offline installations. The Online installation is the safer method. They should both work on ANY Wii besides LU64+. You only need to use one guide, they both do the same thing. Please read the entire thread including FAQ before asking a question.

Online Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--cIOS or vulnerable IOS36
--Wifi Connection (Ethernet doesnt work)
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew

http://www.mediafire.com/?xzdzrmmnoj0 (07-09-09)

1) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card

2) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol

3) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.

4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)

5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii

6) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode

7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

9) Install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

10) Run the 4.0 Updater

11) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

12) You must now hold reset while powering on to boot to the homebrew channel and reinstall preloader

13) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, I bricked 3 times too messing up with latest preloader and ios60/70 (not stub, downloaded from nus) It just wont boot. :S theres something weird with it that I cant figure out

I can upload one of my bricked nands if you want, I always recovered thanks to boot2 bootmii... After I get to the brick stat, I cant recover from it... Installing IOS60, patched, from package, redownloaded... Nothing... I Just cant get it to boot.

I'm working on 4.2 hacks for region unlocking, and I need to downgrade / upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 and viceversa but using preloader 0.30 is a mess u.u

I went back to JODI .29

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
my preloader is gone too after using waninkoko safe upgrader, but all my backup disc and my usb loader is still working.

should i reinstall preloader? or just keep it that way since all games are working? i dont use wads and i dont play VC games.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
my preloader is gone too after using waninkoko safe upgrader, but all my backup disc and my usb loader is still working.

should i reinstall preloader? or just keep it that way since all games are working? i dont use wads and i dont play VC games.

if you dont have/cant install bootmii as boot2, then you certainly should have preloader for brick protection at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple