preloader 0.30 4.2 wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wolverine92, Oct 13, 2009.

Oct 13, 2009

preloader 0.30 4.2 wii by wolverine92 at 9:32 PM (6,576 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. wolverine92
    OP

Member wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    just installed preloader 0.30 on a brandnew wii turned off and booted to preloader. but now when i go to system menu it says "error autobooting system menu! ES_DiVerfiy failed!" can any one help me out? is there a easy way to fix this or do i have to reformat it? (new wii so i cant use ARC) thanks

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    you need to patch IOS70 to have ES_Identify (aka ES_DiVerify) bug. There was a modified dop-IOS floating around that could do that (not dop-IOS MOD), or you could get IOS70 with NUSD and use freethebugs, then install it with WAD Manager.

3. wolverine92
    OP

Member wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thanks alot. i actualy just downloaded that but it was taking a while to download so i figured i would install preloader in the mean time. i knew i forgot something. is there any way of playing backups off of the disc channel on 4.2? thanks

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    stick to backup launchers.

5. MDMaster

Newcomer MDMaster Member

Italy
    Since I'm having the same problem (btw, thanks for the guide xzxero!) - Are you talking about installing IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad?

6. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

yes that is the one you need to install.

7. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is a very basic solution to playing backups through the disc channel but it will remove some functionality for some games. Which is why backup loaders are prefered.

Make IOS249 the system menu IOS and make all games run of IOS249. Enjoy.

8. MDMaster

Newcomer MDMaster Member

Italy
    Thanks a bunch [​IMG]

9. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes it is possible to play backups through the disk channel on this version but I highly advise just using a backup loader as there in no actual cIOSCORP or anything for this version. The 249 method works but is quite a bit of a pain in the ass........ As for the other options you could install the latest version of cIOSCORP and change your boot IOS. It's advised that one uses other methods though........ Simply because these modified IOS's can react in very unpredictable ways......... This can potentialy cause damage to the system.

10. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Exactly, IOS249 is the simplest and least invasive method for this because it doesn't overwrite any IOS for this, but I highly recommend using a backup launcher overall, at least until they perfect corp.

11. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    You could just set preloader to load the system menu with IOS60. IOS60 is basically IOS70, minus a little anti-piracy code, so you won't loose any functionality. ^^