Preformated movies and music?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by iza, Oct 4, 2006.

Oct 4, 2006

Preformated movies and music? by iza at 4:25 PM (1,346 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. iza
    OP

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    Does anyone know of a site that has already converted movies and music? not that i dont know how to convert it, i'm just in a hurry, and it'll prolly take longer to convert than to d/l

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    legal downloads... no, not as far as I am aware.
    illegal, there are a few. Mostly they are torrents though (OK usenet, IRC and rapidshare style make up the rest) which if you can stand to use the protocol will take just as long as any conversion (nobody ever seeds them.

Some pointers none the less, most video is well over double the resolution of the DS video so any deinterlacing can be done with avisynth's reduceby2() which realistically only leaves smoothers as the CPU hog and even then the drop in resolution should take care of need for that (youtube video excepted).

3. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    www.gbatmw.net It's illegal to download, obviously, but it's an active community with lots of DPG and GBM encodes and other flash cart (mainly m3) related stuff. There is a 5 post minimum before you can view the download boards though. Have fun [​IMG]

4. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    i converterd an uploaded jackass number two there (im one of the 15 people with the most posts)

5. Bowser128

United Kingdom
    Lmao. Sorry mate but I really don't think that he cares about that in the slightest.

6. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    i have alot of posts! i am a senior member!

7. iza
    OP

United States
    thats cool. i'm at work right now, but i'll be sure to join once i get off from my second job.

8. leoedin

Member leoedin GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey.

I'm an admin from GBATMW.

Anyway. You need 5 posts to be able to view the download boards. Just as a quick disclaimer, we aren't responsible for what our users upload and post links to - if the content linked is copyrighted, then the owner of that copyright can ask us to remove the link to it (although we don't host any media, legal or copyrighted).

We don't have any music, but we have DPG and GBM video files.

have fun!

9. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    Oh, and I'm not, right?

10. iza
    OP

United States
    i'm not bitchin or anything, but why the 5 post minimum?

11. Bowser128

United Kingdom
    From Leoedin

Note - 800 figure is out of date, it's now over a thousand.

12. iza
    OP

United States
    but still. i would rather someone use my bandwidth than make 5 meaning less and possible stupid posts. they still get the bandwidth, and now you have to keep records on top of that.

13. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    We should do that here, but with the ability to keep your account. If you dont post 5 within a week (maybe two? how hard is it really...)the account gets deleted.

Ive seen other download places that tie your posting to downloading. Sometimes its an attempt to encourage people to make a contribution to the scene, others is just so you wont have 10,000 people come by and download without giving the site a second look.

14. Bowser128

United Kingdom
    Well it's not like you need to keep records, the board automatically recognises who has over 5 posts and 'un-hides' the download boards. Plus, like Leo said, if you are just spamming, the posts will be deleted.

15. Nojoy

Newcomer Nojoy Advanced Member

Antarctica

I'm delurking just to say I think this is a horrible idea.... I've been here for several years, but I really don't like to post unless I feel I have something worthwhile to cotribute or say... It may not be right in some eyes, but that's how I feel comfortable. I visit GBAtemp nearly everyday, and most of my gaming news and homebrew info comes from here... I just don't feel the need to add to the "First post" and "not working on yadda yadda" all the time...

My two cents take it for what it's worth...

16. iza
    OP

United States
    excellent point. i've only been here a month or two, and i have 4X the post this guy has, but that doesnt make him any less valuable of a member....

17. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I just meant with the initial creation of an account, not something to be continued (5 posts every week). I look through the member list and I see so many accounts that read something like... Member since Jan 2005, Posts: 0 I mean, why create an account if you're not going to use it? That question only relating to GBATemp, not GBATMW...