prediction time: 11.0+ update after maintenance on eshop possible???

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DarkRioru, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
  2. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    I wouldn't see why. The only reason they update now is to block hacks. Of course it's possible. We just don't know.

3. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    For all we know, they could just be installing routine security updates on their servers.

4. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    An update is always possible. I think it's pretty likely we'll get one soon to address the fact that browserhax is back, but whether it comes with the eshop maintenence is a different question entirely.

5. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Are you STILL on about this? I'm assuming you want the update because you are hoping for a new downgrade exploit. Correct? Another update doesn't mean there's a chance they are going to find a way to downgrade. Nintendo already patched downgrading and any subsequent updates are obviously going to keep those changes. I'm sorry you messed up when trying to install a9lh and updated your system on accident, but you have already been told in MULTIPLE threads the ONLY ways to fix the problem. Just go buy a prepaid eShop card since your bank account is messed up or whatever, and buy fieldrunners before Nintendo pulls it off the eShop and you're COMPLETELY screwed.

Kloklopfer and Quantumcat like this.
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    There was a Nintendo Direct only a few days ago so it's probably new stuff to do with that.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The next update better ua e new features. :glare:

8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    They do maintenance almost every week so I don't know how you correlate that to impending updates.

9. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana GBAtemp Fan

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    If there's a new update, I hope Nintendo makes further improvements to the overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance the user experience.

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Is it that time again? Where everyone freaks out over Nintendo sneezing again? Because this a joyous thing to see every time.

11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Every single time Nintendo announces they are doing maintenance, a thread like like this pops up. And every time the maintenance is over, there's never an update.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 5, 2016
    Ryccardo, CeeDee and XRaTiX like this.
  12. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    every week? never noticed it was every week.... I thought it was like every 3 months or seasonally..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I basically only notice maintenance stuff from nintendo is when they extend it to like 24 hours like they did in christmas 2015 when the eshop crashed because how many people were using it at the same time or, when there was that huge maintenance thing before the update for miiverse on 3ds came out...

13. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I surely hope not.