Prediction: How many more Kirby games will be on the 3DS...

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Nemix77, Jan 7, 2015.

  1. Nemix77
    OP

    Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    666
    137
    May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I predict one more Kirby game either new or ported from the Wii knowing Nintendo's love for Kirby games on their handhelds in the past, Game Boy Advance had three Kirby games in it's lifetime and the DS had the same.

    If it's a port from the Wii I would prefer Kirby's Epic Yarn over Return to Dreamland which I think is step back from Triple Deluxe but really any would suffice in the case Hal gets lazy and runs out of ideas for new Kirby on 3DS.
     
  2. Joe88

    Joe88 [λ]

    Member
    11,647
    2,930
    Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Gba only had 2 afaik
     
  3. DjoeN

    DjoeN Captain Haddock!

    Member
    5,194
    1,498
    Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    If you count the GBA E-Reader version it is 3

    Kirby Slide / Kirby Puzzle
     
  4. TemplarGR

    TemplarGR Gaming expert

    Member
    394
    198
    Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    The DS had four Kirby games, one of them a port...

    But Nintendo doesn't work that way. The general rule of Nintendo is "one per type of game per console". There are exceptions in each generation (for example the rule "one 3D Mario per generation" broke for Wii with Super Mario Galaxy 2), depending on sales and other factors, but in general Nintendo doesn't want to oversaturate the market with similar games.

    Especially when, considering backwards compatibility and the fact that they never reduce prices for older games and/or graphics tend to not matter for Nintendo franchises, Nintendo believes that anyone who wants more Kirby games can go play DS games...

    A prediction could be difficult at this point, considering the big unknown "New 3DS", but i tend to believe there won't be any more Kirby games for the 3DS. I give it a 60% chance, with 30% for one more game and 10% for 2 or more...

    My reasoning is that Nintendo has already done much software-wise for the 3DS and it focuses on Wii U now, and what little handheld support there will be in the next couple of years till the true succesor will be better spend on overlooked franchises like Metroid, Advance Wars, Star Fox, maybe F-Zero, maybe a handheld Pikmin etc...
     
  5. DjoeN

    DjoeN Captain Haddock!

    Member
    5,194
    1,498
    Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    So i wondered how many Kirby games where ever released, i googled and found this:

    Kirby wikia
     
  6. Nemix77
    OP

    Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    666
    137
    May 30, 2009
    Canada
    My bad Game Boy Advanced did have only 2 and the DS had 4 one being a upgraded remake which is why I had 3 on each previous handheld generation in mind.

    Still an equal port (New 3DS graphics is par with Wii's) and upgraded remake is pretty much the same, I really wouldn't mind Kirby's Epic Yarn on the 3DS (did not complete it on he Wii).