Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

alex34567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by alex34567,

DeltaDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This must be some kind of divine intervention because I was just looking around for information on about how to extract and inject saves into GBA VC games. Hopefully the injection part comes soon, I would love to play Fire Emblem Binding Blade without having to do Lyn's chapter on easy.

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Haha, just exported my save file from my Pokémon Emerald cartridge using a R4 and my old NDS, and now this. I'll be able to keep playing my most beloved Pokémon game ever (12 years dedicated to this single game)!
Can't wait to be able to inject the save file, thank you so much for your work :D

Last edited by Uziskull,

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Just yesterday I tried find a way to inject my FFV save and I found that:
You can dump a decrypted save by using rxtools to dump the AGB_FIRM.sav partition from the 3ds nand. You might be able to xor it against the encrypted sd save of the same game to create a xorpad for encryption/decryption. I haven't tried this myself. Just a theory.
Now I'll try use this tool and find my xor key and inject my save, thanks.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is gold right here!!! My story: like a week ago I decided to move from sysnand to emunand since now emunand 10.4 is supported on new 3ds. I had a problem and it was that my VC Link to the past game was on sysnand. I lost the cia which was on a corrupted hard drive so I could not install it in emunand or sysnand again if I decided to format emunand. Since I did not want to loose my game save data I decided to create an entire new emunand keeping my normal sysnand instead of cloning sysnand to emunand. I had to manually backup all of my games data using save data filler,delete the games on sysnand, reinstall them in emunand and export the save games back one by one. All of this because I wanted to keep my precious Link to the past save data :rofl: (It's my first time playing it). Now with this tool I was able to dump the save data and now I can keep playing my game on emunand using gpsp. I can't thank you enough @alex34567 and all of the Decrypt9 team. :bow: I'm looking forward for future updates.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
AGB_FIRM has some kind of AES-MAC type hash protection for saves used with GBA games. (probably to deter people using saves as exploits to find holes in AGB_FIRM?). So good luck getting around that when injecting a save. The "logo.bin" file used in games uses something like this too. But as we all know, hblauncher_loader got around that as they are using a custom logo. So I suppose it's a matter of time if there's enough interest in it.

Reactions: kiwiis

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
AGB_FIRM has some kind of AES-MAC type hash protection for saves used with GBA games. (probably to deter people using saves as exploits to find holes in AGB_FIRM?). So good luck getting around that when injecting a save. The "logo.bin" file used in games uses something like this too. But as we all know, hblauncher_loader got around that as they are using a custom logo. So I suppose it's a matter of time if there's enough interest in it.
This.
It's the only reason why I am reluctant to use the virtual console right now.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it's doable, https://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Virtual_Console .

J3anyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't working for me on an Old 3DS running sysNAND 4.5. I'm trying to launch it through the MSET exploit but whenever I launch it I just get this 3DS dialog:

"An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

Let me know if you want me to try anything :)

J3anyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try putting the Agbsave9.dat on the root of your sd card and using Agbsave9.nds to install the MSET exploit.
Ah, those files weren't in the GitHub release the last time I checked so I was trying to launch through the rxTools MSET with Agbsave9.bin. I'm able to get a little further now as the exploit actually seems to run, but after choosing DS Profile in System Settings my O3DS just goes to a black screen and hangs. Launching other exploits through MSET (such as Gateway and rxTools) works fine. I'd be happy to try things out if that would help, but I also totally understand if you're focused on other aspects of development right now and don't want to deal with me :)

Thanks for your work on this! I'm excited to be able to extract my O3DS Virtual Console saves so I can use them with RetroArch on my N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.