Hardware Pre-Ordered 'NEW' 3DS XL SNES Ltd Edition, To Hack or Not to Hack? that is the question.

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0753H9DY5

Today I pre-ordered the SNES Limited Edition 3DS XL to Keep my Original 'NEW' 3DS xl company. (as I don't have any friends for 2 player)

First off I'm not sure what firmware it will ship with and not even sure I should hack it or not. What do you think ?

Also I was wondering is it possible to do a Nintendo data transfer from a hacked 3DS to a non hacked one ?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Today I pre-ordered the SNES Limited Edition 3DS XL to Keep my Original 'NEW' 3DS xl company. (as I don't have any friends for 2 player)

First off I'm not sure what firmware it will ship with and not even sure I should hack it or not. What do you think ?

Also I was wondering is it possible to do a Nintendo data transfer from a hacked 3DS to a non hacked one ?
If its releatively new id say likely 11.3 or higher. As for the data transfer. You can transfer the data but any non legit titles will not appear on the non hacked system until you restore tickets or use tikshop which does require cfw to use.

D

Deleted User

if you are in super bad luck it is a new hardware revision. nobody knows that.

BUT i m pretty sure it will come with 11.4 or even 11.5 (n2ds shipts with 11.5 meanwhile).

if theres no new hardware rev it should work with ntrboot / dsiware.

transfering from hacked to stock is possible afaik.

if you should hack it or not? its up to you. i'd hack it just for retroarch. Fitting design at least

Last edited by ,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
11.4 is over 6 months old so there's no way a new special edition will have anything less than 11.4.
As stated above, ntrboot or dsiware transfer.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It is, you'll just lose every non-legit installation.

I also just preordered that thing, with the slightest hope it may have IPS panels. Oh well, even if it has not, I have to take a look at it myself. Having grown up with the SNES as first console, I just need this in my life. Of course only if it's hackable as well, but I really doubt they're changing something with the hardware. Probably just ntrboot that thing and done.

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It is, you'll just lose every non-legit installation.

I also just preordered that thing, with the slightest hope it may have IPS panels. Oh well, even if it has not, I have to take a look at it myself. Having grown up with the SNES as first console, I just need this in my life. Of course only if it's hackable as well, but I really doubt they're changing something with the hardware. Probably just ntrboot that thing and done.

Yeah my original idea was to hack it and use it primarily as my retro arch portable machine, theirs just something about playing all my old snes games on a snes style 3DS, If you told me that was a possibility when i was 7 I would have been like 'Yea wot ever mate'

so ntrboot is when you have to use a flash card right ? (assuming its on 11.4+ right?)
All of the 3DS I've hacked in the past was just straight off the SD card so haven't looked at the 3dsguide for a while. I'll have to check it out in time for arrival.

If its releatively new id say likely 11.3 or higher. As for the data transfer. You can transfer the data but any non legit titles will not appear on the non hacked system until you restore tickets or use tikshop which does require cfw to use.

so any freeshop games wont transfer I take it ? I always assumed freeshop attached tickets to your nintendo eshop profile. I guess not :(

Either way I cant wait to get this, I was so Jealous when they released the Japanese super famicom edition and was convinced I would never see it in the west. Even the box looks cool reminds me of better days.

When you get it, can you tell us if screens are IPS? Please.

How do I do that ? Is it where I have to load a special web page in the 3DS browser to determine what screen it is ?

Dante2405

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do I do that ? Is it where I have to load a special web page in the 3DS browser to determine what screen it is ?

Don't know if such things exist but you can either compare with youtube videos like that one or use DSident once your 3ds is hacked.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r7V8qlZvIpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you get it, can you tell us if screens are IPS? Please.
That's the slight hope I have, but as the Samus Edition also doesn't have IPS... welp.
There actually is a homebrew app called ScreenInfo by SciresM that shows what screen is built in, but trust me, if it's IPS, you'll see. It's just like a phone screen, the picture stays the same when tilting the device, no fading, no washed out colors etc
so ntrboot is when you have to use a flash card right ? (assuming its on 11.4+ right?)
Yeah either that or the Dsiware exploit, but for both you need a 3DS with CFW first - for ntrboot to set the card up and for Dsiware to do an exploited system transfer. I'm not at home at the moment but I have an AK2i that worked on lower 3DS versions so I'm pretty sure that one's compatible for ntrboot, otherwise I'll just grab one of the 1.99 exploitable DSIWare Games off eshop and do it that way. Given I decide to keep that XL, of course. I don't really know, I have been playing a lot of 3DS lately since I am in London for a month and public transport takes me a while every day. I don't play so much 3DS at home tho. If it's IPS, I will surely keep it, if not... I have to play around a bit and see about the size.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: Hi-Dro

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From personal experience, I have a Super Famicom N3DS XL and a New N3DS. I actually use the smaller N3DS more and it just feels perfect to me.

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where in the US can I pre Order the snes edition? Ebay only?
Yes sadly that is the case, I was thinking of putting a few up on ebay myself but scalping is a mugs game if you buy from a scalper your a mug too. Some people have got pre order ones up for like $400. I think that's bang out of order myself, but im sure plenty of people are willing to spend that sadly and the scalpers market begins :?

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the slight hope I have, but as the Samus Edition also doesn't have IPS... welp.

There actually is a homebrew app called ScreenInfo by SciresM that shows what screen is built in, but trust me, if it's IPS, you'll see. It's just like a phone screen, the picture stays the same when tilting the device, no fading, no washed out colors etc

Yeah either that or the Dsiware exploit, but for both you need a 3DS with CFW first - for ntrboot to set the card up and for Dsiware to do an exploited system transfer. I'm not at home at the moment but I have an AK2i that worked on lower 3DS versions so I'm pretty sure that one's compatible for ntrboot, otherwise I'll just grab one of the 1.99 exploitable DSIWare Games off eshop and do it that way. Given I decide to keep that XL, of course. I don't really know, I have been playing a lot of 3DS lately since I am in London for a month and public transport takes me a while every day. I don't play so much 3DS at home tho. If it's IPS, I will surely keep it, if not... I have to play around a bit and see about the size.

Sweet thanks for the info
Nagadef If i remember correctly means thanks in walaf

anyway I have a Gold Pro 2016 DS flash card so hopefully that will work, and already got a hacked new3DS with, what seems to be an IPS screen as the colours don't fade from an angle (as you described) but not on the touch screen, that looks awful at an angle.
Gotta a wicked deal on that as well, bought used for £120 on ebay not a single scratch on it, I swear when it arrived It looked like it never been played, Because after about a 2 weeks of playing the Matte finish around the dpad and buttons started to turn glossy lol Clearly went to a better home.
It came with Puzzle Bobble or Bust a move or what ever its called over here, lol I sold that without even playing it wish I didn't though, For some reason I always turn my nose up at puzzle games, I think its from being a kid and being bought shitty snes puzzle games for my birthday, The disappointment of unwrapping something you know is a SNES game only to realise upon opening its another shitty Puzzle game (Pac Attack was pretty awesome though) , That combined with Bust a move being my only PS one game for months way back when.
Ah the good old days

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
if you are in super bad luck it is a new hardware revision. nobody knows that.

BUT i m pretty sure it will come with 11.4 or even 11.5 (n2ds shipts with 11.5 meanwhile).

if theres no new hardware rev it should work with ntrboot / dsiware.

transfering from hacked to stock is possible afaik.

if you should hack it or not? its up to you. i'd hack it just for retroarch. Fitting design at least
What? There is new hardware revision? From when?

Reactions: Kaan3DS
D

Deleted User

What? There is new hardware revision? From when?
There is not. But you never know. If theres a new Version they MIGHT update the hardware revision. This Console is not out yet - so nobody can know.

If you look closely they release a ton of new "colors" like the pokeball edition and so on.. maybe they release those console because of magnet hax...? we will know when it is out.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
There is not. But you never know. If theres a new Version they MIGHT update the hardware revision. This Console is not out yet - so nobody can know.

If you look closely they release a ton of new "colors" like the pokeball edition and so on.. maybe they release those console because of magnet hax...? we will know when it is out.
Nintendo is not going to make new HW revision (even in secret) because they would have to do new MOBOs, new FW (a bit edited) and so on. That is not worth it. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...