Hacking pre loader + gamma rebooter = fail

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how could it be possible to run into so many snags, anyway, i was going through this guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

and once i made it to 3.2E tried out rebooter with gamma and games finally worked through the disc channel so i figured "hey, i might aswell stay on this"

so i went and put pre loader on so i could skip disc updates, now when i try rebooter i get a code dump or something,

search has revealed to me that this apparently doesnt work so what are my options?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reboot with hooks sort of patches your System Menu. You have preloader installed. Preloader replaces the systemmenu and launches it from another location. You are trying to patch preloader with patches for the system menu so it crashese.

Your options are to use preloader to set the System Menu IOS to 249 and patch all your ISO's to use IOS249 too or a CIOSCORP install

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so my best option is to remove pre loader? if i do that how can i skip disc updates?

would running wii brick blocker on every back up work?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, I was editing my post when you posted that.

I wouldn't advise removing preloader, but if you really want to the easiest way would be to use AnyRegion Changer or a system menu wad to reinstall 3.2e.

CIOSCORP has the best compatibility and that's what I use but it's not without it's risk (though I haven't yet heard of anyone bricking a Wii installing it) and it's quite intrusive replacing almost all IOS's.

The patch all the discs to use IOS249 and setting preloader to use that with the Systemmenu option would work fine but wouldn't work with all games. But it would give you SDHC compatibility (but no sd menu) if you use cIOS36rev10.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
okay this is BS

(sorry)

you have preloader, just turn on no update hack and others, like region free games from the hacks.ini

then just install cioscorp if you use backups

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so once i install cioscorp v2, there wont be any need to run a backup launcher for them, they will just run straight through the disc channel? would someone mind guiding me through n helping me find what i need as i havent found any cioscorp stuf on my searches, just ppl asking or talking about it

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
thats cause its illegal

its actually on the miiwii package

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.