Emulation Gaming Homebrew ROM Hack Prboom + Wiiflow - wads that used to work are no longer working after update

locomia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I just update my wiiiflow plugins pack from v6 to v12. After that, I tested some doom/prboom wads and most of them were not launching anymore, they just go to a black screen and freezes there. Wii remote just shutdowns

I've launched retroarch through the HBC and did some tests using both the cores prboom.dol (from plugins\RA-HEXAECO folder, available only the v6 pack) and prboom-libreto.dol (from plugins\retroarch-wii folder) and tried to launch some wads. All wads I tested ran Ok with ra-hexaeco, but some of them still goes to a black screen of death using the libreto core (the same ones that freezed through wiiflow)

I compared platform.ini and the plugin I I files from v6 and v12 and did not find anything that helps, and I am not sure if there was new core added or if I did something wrong when copying the files. Do you guys experience the same issue? Can someone help me to run all of these doom wads inside wiiflow again?

locomia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@locomia

Can you list a few wads that are not working for you so i can test on my side please?

I have many doom wads so it is possible/likely ill be able to confirm working status.

Thanks my friend.
Well, some of the ones that I remember for now that are not definetly working are epic2, doom 64, alien vendetta, 007 golden eye and plutonia experiment. I remember these because I tested right now, but in other day I tested others and most did not launch

Simpsons is working, of you need more examples I can do more tests within or without wiiiflow

Last edited by locomia,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replace the prboom_libretro.dol with this. This downgrades to RA 1.10.3.

Please post if it fixes the problem. I have found RA 1.11 - 1.13 are very unstable and prboom was updated in the WFL pack recently.

I have recently downgraded a few other RA plugins recently also. I feel like RA hit its compatibility peak between 1.10.1. - 1.10.3.

Attachments

• prboom_libretro_wii.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 43

locomia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a lot my friend, I will download this and test.

I believe this will work, since, in fact, right now I've found the ra-hexaeco option in "select plugins" menu inside wiiflow, I checked it and unchecked retroarch (it's the same issue I was struggling at with neogeo cores some months ago), and now the games worked, but I don't know/remember how to leave it checked by default. So I'm going to replace this one and probably it will work by default. I will post the result here, for sure.
Post automatically merged:

@RunningSnakes it worked! thanks!
I am doing covers for these doom wads and must post them soon

I am now having the same issue with some arcade games, I guess they are mame´s, they are not longer woking too since the update. I noticed that now there is a wiiMame plugin and the games only show when it´s checked, and they no longer show if I check the cores Mame A, B, C etc..

Last edited by locomia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...