Homebrew Question PPSSPP, (3)DS and N64 roms on SX Core, need help.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nothing works? I was told PPSSPP and MelonDS worked on SX cores

I know atmos doesn't have anything planned until later this year for SX Core/lite.
I never used SX OS, i can't tell for sure, but i do know that flycast shouldn't work there. Don't know about ppsspp or n64. Try yourself, ppsspp is literally download and play, no setup needed (for standaloneat least). If it doesn't work, well... Also make sure to use title redirection for emulators.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I want to run my PSP, n64, and DS (if possible 3DS) backups on my switch, what would I need to install?
I already have retroarch but I people told me dedicated emu's are better so I hope someone can help me with this.
A lot of people here are spreading misinformation. As someone who has SX Core, let me tell you that you can emulate all of these systems. For DS, use the MelonDS standalone emulator and disable "Fast emulation". That will let you run DS games pretty flawlessly. Fast emulation crashes on SX OS though. For all the others use retroarch. For N64 use Mupen64-Next, for PSP use PPSSPP (never tried this one myself), and for 3DS, you will have to join M4XW's patreon and grab the Citra core from the RetroNX discord. IF YOU SEEK SUPPORT IN RETRONX DO NOT SAY YOU ARE USING SX OS. M4xw does not take kindly to that and will instantly ban you (speaking from experience). You can use Tesla overlay and sys-clk to overclock your system on the fly. People will also tell you you can't do this on SX OS, but all you have to do is rename the atmosphere folder to "sxos" and the "contents" folder to "titles"

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A lot of people here are spreading misinformation. As someone who has SX Core, let me tell you that you can emulate all of these systems. For DS, use the MelonDS standalone emulator and disable "Fast emulation". That will let you run DS games pretty flawlessly. Fast emulation crashes on SX OS though. For all the others use retroarch. For N64 use Mupen64-Next, for PSP use PPSSPP (never tried this one myself), and for 3DS, you will have to join M4XW's patreon and grab the Citra core from the RetroNX discord. IF YOU SEEK SUPPORT IN RETRONX DO NOT SAY YOU ARE USING SX OS. M4xw does not take kindly to that and will instantly ban you (speaking from experience). You can use Tesla overlay and sys-clk to overclock your system on the fly. People will also tell you you can't do this on SX OS, but all you have to do is rename the atmosphere folder to "sxos" and the "contents" folder to "titles"

That's good to hear! Could you maybe PM me some download links so I get the right things? Also, do you know if LayeredFS works on SX Core?

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but seriously, I'm doing everything right. Booting homebrew from an installed title by holding R to give full RAM access, I have Retroarch up to date, my CFW is up to date, etc. I keep getting crashed back to the home screen if I load up a PSP or Dreamcast game. What gives?

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but seriously, I'm doing everything right. Booting homebrew from an installed title by holding R to give full RAM access, I have Retroarch up to date, my CFW is up to date, etc. I keep getting crashed back to the home screen if I load up a PSP or Dreamcast game. What gives?

What firmware?

Have you tried using the standalone PPSSPP?

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware?

Have you tried using the standalone PPSSPP?
10.1.0|AMS 0.14.1|E

I've seen people in this thread say the PPSSPP and flycast cores are working. I don't want to use the standalone if I don't have to. I may as well if I have no other options, I suppose.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.1.0|AMS 0.14.1|E

I've seen people in this thread say the PPSSPP and flycast cores are working. I don't want to use the standalone if I don't have to. I may as well if I have no other options, I suppose.

I'd try deleting your retroarch config file. That's usually the first thing to try.

Also make sure your BIOS is good for Flycast.

PPSSPP core worked for me in the past but could be finicky.

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd try deleting your retroarch config file. That's usually the first thing to try.

Also make sure your BIOS is good for Flycast.

PPSSPP core worked for me in the past but could be finicky.

Don't see why I would need to do that, since it's pretty much a fresh install. I'll try anyway.

And yeah, I figured I need to put the BIOSes in.

EDIT: PPSSPP works now. Dreamcast still kind of a bust. I got the BIOSes in the 'dc' folder, too.

Last edited by ClockSmasher,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.