[PPOTW] Do you think GTA V is "The game of the generation"?

Do you think GTA V is "The game of the generation"?

• Yes

Votes: 97 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 454 65.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 125 18.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 19 2.7%

• Total voters

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I highly guarantee you my IQ greatly surpasses whatever your feeble mind could muster. SR4 is a throw away game, it was meant to be DLC, that's really all there is to say.

P.S. You are correct it's sad to see "retarded" Canadian's, but it doesn't happen often you must secretly be from Murica.

SR4 aside, how about more reason to hate SR1-3, and more reasons to like GTA. I haven't picked up SR4 for a reason, it looks bad. That does NOT change the quality of the first three titles however.
All i'm seeing is a butthurt little fanboy who can't get over that there's a series that strongly surpasses his series of choice.

I may throw insults around, but I already posted my reasons for disliking GTAIV, and GTA in general. Don't like it? How about refuting it with points, instead of petty insults thrown at something you don't have the slightest idea about.
My IQ? What does that have to do with the argument? Are you a fucking retard?
This is why I don't argue with 12 year olds. You spend more time trying to demean people than actually argue about the topic. It's really, sad and I get a good laugh out of it.
But frankly i'm not sure why I even waste my time ripping you apart in this thread.
If you can't balance insults with proper arguments, then don't bother.

Reactions: NEP

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly guarantee you my IQ greatly surpasses whatever your feeble mind could muster. SR4 is a throw away game, it was meant to be DLC, that's really all there is to say.

P.S. You are correct it's sad to see "retarded" Canadian's, but it doesn't happen often you must secretly be from Murica.

For someone with such a high Intelligence Quotient, your grammar sure is something. Perhaps you should read a book and lay off the xenophobia, eh?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
After playing about 60% of the missions in GTA V, I've come to the conclusion that is isn't game of the generation (then again, no single game represents the generation, it's a stupid title :rolleyes: )

I do, however, believe the game is quite good compared to the shit that was GTA IV. The world is enormous, it's beautiful, and the story this time around isn't shitty. I like the updated physics, the vehicles, the dialogue, the new features. It's getting to be on par to the Saints Row series in terms of silliness (which to me is a good thing for a game like this). I like there being more than 1 main character, I like how they flow together in the story. IMO, GTA V is right up there with SRIV (me, I honestly have been having more fun in GTA than SR this time around).

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I played it for about an hour yesterday, and I can't believe they didn't keep the way you get rid of the cops like you did in Chinatown Wars... to me that was very disappointing. In CTW being chased by the cops was so much fun I used to see to it happening if I had a long drive; just to have something to do on my way there. But now it seems to be back to being the most annoying thing that can happen to you in the game. Please tell me you can crash the cops to get rid of them and I just didn't try hard enough, please!

Reactions: Satangel
D

Deleted User

Jesus Christ, this is why I limit my time on the internet.
2194241-thread_derailed.jpg

It's hard to rate a game "Game of the Generation". It's like saying Star Wars is better than Schindler's List, they're completely different.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's plenty to deny. GTA has always had a subpar story combined with an open world.
That's about it.
Saints Row came into the scene with a truckload of activities, a more interesting story (lets face it, Rockstar can't tell a story for shit). Do you know how many people complete the story for GTA?
Of my friends and highschoolmates, I remember exactly 1 person who completed GTAIV out of around 12 people. The reason? Because paying hookers and then blowing them away with a shotgun was more satisfying than the dogshit story where Nico just yells "don't fuck with my family!" for 5 hours in his best Borat voice while you kill a bunch of people. I admit I never finished it, however I was very close. I'd say 90% through. 0 incentive to finish it I just did some online with a friend (which was fun) and then got rid of it because I knew i'd never play it again.
So with Saints Row you have the exact same concept, employed in a grander fashion. Its like choosing a plain doughnut over the creme filled chocolate doughnut with sprinkles of pure awesome.

Oh and story aside you could date Roman or shoot pigeons.
Holy shit the intrigue. It didn't even have any interesting vehicles. Only thing I prefer on GTAIV was the online mode. Free Roam was DAMN fun with a friend. If SR had free-roam it'd win out in every aspect though.
Well I wouldn't say always. I still remember Vice City and GTA SA story quite well, even though it's been 5 years or more since I last completed those games. If that isn't a good gaming story, I don't know what is. Many characters were just so well made and voiced, so funny too, they make a really solid memory.
I barely finished GTA IV too, the main game that is. Didn't enjoy it that much, but the expansions really learned a lot of the critique and put out a better game. Ballad of Gay Tony especially, the whole game just felt different, more fun, more colour, more weird weapons, more vehicles, .... If you haven't played that expansion, pick it up and give it a chance. It adds so much off the more fun GTA SA , and it does it so well.

I find there's just way more work put into GTA games than in SR. More budget, better voice casting, the world is just MUCH more refined in GTA than in SR. Those TV channels, the ingame internet, the overall world, the people walking in it, the buildings, EVERYTHING has more work in it than SR.
When GTA V was released, it was all over the news in Belgium, even on the radio, people were talking about it. NO other games are as hyped/famous/notorious/known as the GTA games, just none. Everyone of my age knows GTA, because the games are excellent, everyone wants to play them, and they aren't being milked like CoD/FIFA and other games are.

I played it for about an hour yesterday, and I can't believe they didn't keep the way you get rid of the cops like you did in Chinatown Wars... to me that was very disappointing. In CTW being chased by the cops was so much fun I used to see to it happening if I had a long drive; just to have something to do on my way there. But now it seems to be back to being the most annoying thing that can happen to you in the game. Please tell me you can crash the cops to get rid of them and I just didn't try hard enough, please!
QFT, I liked that system too, and I bet they were considering it, but they haven't. Too bad, but okay.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im still loving it 4 days in!

I am finding GTA to be alot like a relationship though. After a bit you do get a bit bored and start fucking about!

Do come back and share when you get to the "sharing interesting/deviant things in a bid to keep things interesting" phase.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA V's sold almost as much as Black Ops 2 on it's first day. Like it or not, GTA V's probably going to be generation defining, because that shit is flying off the shelves.
Also TLOU is overrated as fuck.

Reactions: jpxdude and Xexyz

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I wouldn't say always. I still remember Vice City and GTA SA story quite well, even though it's been 5 years or more since I last completed those games. If that isn't a good gaming story, I don't know what is. Many characters were just so well made and voiced, so funny too, they make a really solid memory.
I barely finished GTA IV too, the main game that is. Didn't enjoy it that much, but the expansions really learned a lot of the critique and put out a better game. Ballad of Gay Tony especially, the whole game just felt different, more fun, more colour, more weird weapons, more vehicles, .... If you haven't played that expansion, pick it up and give it a chance. It adds so much off the more fun GTA SA , and it does it so well.

It probably didn't hurt that Vice City and San Andreas were based on movies that had pretty compelling stories. Scar Face for Vice City, and Boyz n the Hood for San Andreas.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GTA V's sold almost as much as Black Ops 2 on it's first day. Like it or not, GTA V's probably going to be generation defining, because that shit is flying off the shelves.

Big seller =/= generation defining.

Otherwise we'd be looking at CoD as a potential generation definer.
I'd sooner slit my throat then see that.

Its a wildly popular series. Like Mass Effect, they could print dogshit onto the disk and it'd sell millions.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its a wildly popular series. Like Mass Effect, they could print dogshit onto the disk and it'd sell millions.

Technically Call of Duty had a huge impact on this generation of gaming, although it is indeed shit.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mass Effect not enough animu for u?
Technically Call of Duty had a huge impact on this generation of gaming, although it is indeed shit.

No, only Modern Warfare had a huge impact on gaming.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone KNOWS that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is better than the worst game of this generation, "Last of Us". </sarcasm>

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mass Effect not enough animu for u?

That or filled with too much shit.
But not really the right thread for you to fap all over poor writing and boring gameplay.
Its a GTA thread if you didn't notice. 'fraid I just can't go off topic as easily as you can.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That or filled with too much shit.
But not really the right thread for you to fap all over poor writing and boring gameplay.
Its a GTA thread if you didn't notice. 'fraid I just can't go off topic as easily as you can.

We should all play Tales of games which aren't filled with bad JRPG tropes.

:^)

(jk i love u)

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
:rolleyes:

Not that I want to burst your bubble, but it already defined a generation of shooters if you haven't noticed. Points-per-objective displayed in the center of the screen? Multiplayer heavily based on character and weapon creation? Killstreaks? Perks? These things were implemented by other games throughout this generation and will continue to be used in the next ones because they were good, they were fun, they added variety to the genre and they became the standard modus operandi, just like running with 10 guns in your set of invisible pockets stopped being "a thing" after "Halo: Combat Evolved" saw the light of day.

Reactions: NEP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/