[PPOTW] Are you looking forward to Gamescom this week?

Are you looking forward to Gamescom this week?

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I'm with Hells Malice (and apparently the majority of voters). Okay, so it's a game comvention. Nice. Are there announcements to be made/expected, or is it just rehashing the same old demos and annoying the game developers who want to be making games rather than playable demos?

It's on par with E3 and TGS it's like the E3 for Europe.
Expect a bunch of new games to be announced across all platforms as well as new news on all consoles.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm with Hells Malice (and apparently the majority of voters). Okay, so it's a game comvention. Nice. Are there announcements to be made/expected, or is it just rehashing the same old demos and annoying the game developers who want to be making games rather than playable demos?

The ps4 release date is going to be announced :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The ps4 release date is going to be announced :)
Please don't take this the wrong way, but IMHO that statement actually lessens the value of Thug's reply. And that isn't because I'm some sort of sony-hater, but because that's nothing hype-worthy. Instead of just straight-out saying it, they publicly announce that there will be an announcement. In other words: they're currently withholding information for no reason other than that there'll be a convention coming up.

And it's not like the PS4 will somehow not have a release date. We know it'll have one and we know roughly when (the end of this year). Honestly...if that's the sort of thing that passes for news these days, I'll pass before they (or microsoft) decide it'll be nice to publicly announce that they will show THE ACTUAL BOX THE CONSOLE COMES IN at the convention.

Reactions: calmwaters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I may have seen reports written from things mentioned there, I may have watched videos taken there and I have probably even discussed news from there before. However I would have to ask "what's a gamescom?" and that pretty much says how much of a non event I consider it, if I considered it at all.

That said something of worth might happen there unlike E3 which I seem to only watch as an exercise in sadomasochism.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's a big show for sony fans, E3 was a PS4 show, gamescom is supposed to be their Vita show.

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RDNt5Xs.jpg

Oh hell yes i'm looking forward to gamescom :P, departing tomorrow ;o;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users