[PPOTW #34] Are you picking up Destiny this week?

Are you picking up Destiny this week?

• Yes on PS3

Votes: 38 4.1%
  • Yes on PS4

Votes: 81 8.7%
  • Yes on X360

Votes: 24 2.6%
  • Yes on XOne

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 612 65.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 6.0%
  • I'm waiting for a PC version

Votes: 172 18.5%

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
n3mnKey.jpg

So this weeks poll asks whether or not you will buying possibly the biggest hit game to come out of 2014; Bungie studios latest creation, Destiny.
Reported to have a budget of 500million dollars with a ten year lifespan, as well as being the most preordered new IP in gaming history, are you one of those preorders?
Let us know in the comments!

:arrow:Destiny Lastgen-Curentgen Upgrade Program
:arrow:GBAtemp Destiny Clan

Previous Week - Will you be buying a New 3DS?
Week 32 - Who had the best E3?
Week 31 - 2 Years later, have you got a Vita?
Week 30 - Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?
Week 29 - Which February video game release are you most looking forward to?
Week 28 - Which console generation was the best?
Week 27 - Are you buying Destiny?
Week 26 - Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?
Week 25 - Do you like micro transactions?
Week 24 - What did you think of this years VGX Awards?
Week 23 - Which of the nextgen consoles do you own?
Week 22 - Do you think the Xbox One launch was good?
Week 21 - Do you think the PS4 launch was good?
Week 20 - Is Microsoft right to ban early Xbone players?
Week 19 - What is the best video game genre?
Week 18 - Is Vita TV a good idea?
Week 17 - Have you got Pokemon X or Y?
Week 16 - Do you keep trade or sell your games?
Week 15 - Are you interested in Valve's new Vision for Steam
Week 14 - Do you think GTAV is the game of the generation?
Week 13 - Have you ever backed a Kickstarter project?
Week 12 - Will you be buying a 2DS?
Week 11 - After last weeks Gamescom are you more or less interested in the PS Vita?
Week 10 - Are you looking forward to Gamescom this week?
Week 9 - Which company has the best online infrastructure?
Week 8 - Which is better android or ios?
Week 7 - Which August game release are you most looking forward to?
Week 6 - Will you be buying GTA V?
Week 5 - Will you buy a Gateway 3DS Flashcard?
Week 4 - Which system has the best controller?
Week 3 - Have you preordered a nextgen console yet?
Week 2 - Now MS has backtracked, will you?
Week 1 - Who will sell the most hardware next gen?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am slightly curious. However my curiosity does not override the desire to instead wait for bugfixes, DLC and everything else to be bundled in for the game of the year edition, especially not for a newly freed company attempting an ambitious title.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I actually forgot about this game. I'll probably watch some reviews, then look at my backlog and wonder why I even bother buying games, as I can't even start all the ones I already bought. :P

Reactions: Sakitoshi

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for the PC version sadly.
Going to be realistic here there might no be a PC version, especially with it's MMO-esque features they're probably going to be working on content for all four platforms rather than make it for PC assuming they don't hire some crackjob developer to do the PC version.
If it doesn't come to PC I'm just going to import the Dragon Quest Heroes limited edition PS4 which will be out around Spring 2015 and just get Destiny then.
If it's not out by then I don't think we'll ever get it on PC .

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waiting for the PC version sadly.
Going to be realistic here there might no be a PC version, especially with it's MMO-esque features they're probably going to be working on content for all four platforms rather than make it for PC assuming they don't hire some crackjob developer to do the PC version.
If it doesn't come to PC I'm just going to import the Dragon Quest Heroes limited edition PS4 which will be out around Spring 2015 and just get Destiny then.
If it's not out by then I don't think we'll ever get it on PC .
OH GODD I WANT SO BAD

Anyways, I have heard rumors of a PC release, but I remain skeptical. If they do release a PC version, I am tempted to get it just to see how far you can crank the graphics. And Attila13 you arent the first person I have heard say that. Actually, I have heard some of my PC gamers say it depends on the FPS as well.

But my suspicions lay in who and how the game gets ported to PC. Knowing bungie they might do a real bang up job. But given their track record of releasing Halo1 3 years after being an xbox original exclusive then another 5 after Halo 2... I dont know. Then again you could also look at it this way. Bungie has been out of the Sony realm for... I think ever, and this time around they are giving PS4 owners the best experience with this particular game. So given they are really shaking things up, maybe this time they do a good port and every one wins.

Except you, Nintendo.

Reactions: Attila13

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get the hype. I mean, it looks... okay? Fine? Dandy? None of what I've seen makes it look really mindblowing or anything. If the word of mouth is good a few months from now and people I know are still playing, I'll probably pick it up, but I'm in no rush right now.

Hearing how Activision's already sunk $500 million (or more) into this thing, it just seems like they're more interested in cranking out a franchise than starting with a solid, good game and going from there. Couple that with Bungie's shady treatment of Marty O'Donnell and just Bungie in general and I can't say that the publishing/developer combo is worth my day-one loyalty.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH GODD I WANT SO BAD
The Dragon Quest PS4? Yeah it's pretty sweet.
Hopefully by then the PS4 will have at least 5 games I want. I'll get it regardless.

Anyways, I have heard rumors of a PC release, but I remain skeptical. If they do release a PC version, I am tempted to get it just to see how far you can crank the graphics.
“I’ll speak for the hypothetical player,” Wolfson explains. “I have a disadvantage sniping across the map because [my opponent with a next-gen console] is only two pixels on my screen and I’m four pixels on his. You see that in the world of PC gaming, where people are always racing to the best video card to give themselves the advantage.”
That quote right there worries me. Not only is it terribly wrong and idiotic, but if they make a port with this mentality it probably won't be that great because equality.

But my suspicions lay in who and how the game gets ported to PC. Knowing bungie they might do a real bang up job. But given their track record of releasing Halo1 3 years after being an xbox original exclusive then another 5 after Halo 2... I dont know. Then again you could also look at it this way. Bungie has been out of the Sony realm for... I think ever, and this time around they are giving PS4 owners the best experience with this particular game. So given they are really shaking things up, maybe this time they do a good port and every one wins.
I can't really put the blame of the Halo PC ports on Bungie due to the fact that they never touched them, pretty sure it was MS' decision but I might be wrong.

#Pray4DestinyPC

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for your sake and other PC gamers around the globe, I do hope you get Destiny, because its terribly selfish for me to just want it to stay on consoles.

Also for you because you brought it up, there's a "campaign" going on to get the attention of Square Enix to translate the missing games for 3DS. maybe enough steam could warrant DQ Heroes to get a proper translation too.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Was gonna pick it up tonight at midnight, my preorder from Gamestop got cancelled :(

So I preordered it on Amazon, so I'll get it tomorrow morning sometime anyways :D

Got my xbox one copy from shopto just now. Too scared to start it up. M$ might ban me lol
That's ok, you wouldn't be able to play it at all since the servers aren't even up yet (and won't be until release). Online only play, no singleplayer ;)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had it pre-ordered and everything, but unfortunately cancelled it as i'll be playing a new MMO coming out on the 12th, so i'll have 0 time for Destiny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended