[PPOTW #29] Which February video game release are you most looking forward to?

Which February video game release are you most looking forward to?

• Bravely Default

Votes: 187 33.4%
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Votes: 59 10.5%
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Votes: 161 28.8%
  • Fable Anniversary

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • One Piece: Romance Dawn

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Outlast

Votes: 16 2.9%
  • Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Votes: 71 12.7%
  • Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • The LEGO Movie Videogame

Votes: 40 7.1%
  • Thief

Votes: 57 10.2%
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 36 6.4%

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
February-please-be-good.gif

This weeks poll asks; Which February video game release are you most looking forward to?
I only have room for 15 poll options at max, so please forgive me if a title you are hyped for didn't make the list, and let us know in the comments!

If you have an idea for a poll you would like to see on the portal just send me a PM with PPOTW in the title and your questions and answers for the poll.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Voted for Donkey Kong Country Returns: I Wish This Was Something Else By Retro Studios. Purely out of pitty but actually I reckon it'll be even better than the first game.

I'd look forward to Thief but unlike SE/Eidos recent Deus Ex & Tomb Raider returns to glory, Thief ain't looking hot.

Also Metal Slug 3 is heading to Steam, it would be nice to own this legit (I was going to buy the Wii compilation but the emulation was dodgy) but depends on if it's a quality port or not.

I'll probably give in to RE4 HD despite buying the GC and Wii versions because I have more money than sense.

Double Dragon Neon is also heading to PC but I've heard mix things, some say it's great others say it's awful. Aqua Kitty is also on Steam too, it was already out on GoG but I rather have it on Steam so people I don't know can go "oh hey that guy I don't know is playing that!".

EDIT: Isn't Outlast already out?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I voted "Other" because the only game that I even sort of care about that's coming out in February is the FF X/X-2 HD release.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the FFX pack was next month?

Anyways, for me it's probably a three-way tie between Bravely Default, Danganronpa, and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bravely Default and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles definitely.
ToS was my first Tales game and I love the crap out of it. So excited to beat it again and again....and ToS2 will be fun too I guess.

I'm excited to see how Lionhead could possibly fuck up Fable Anniversary. It doesn't LOOK like they have so far, but I just can't see them not screwing it up. At this point they don't seem capable of doing something right. Though from what i've seen the graphics look the same and character models look worse.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LR: FF XIII
However the whole "the world counts down to its doom while you play" thing will make me a bit paranoid as I go through it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah FFXHD is March I know as it's my favorite JRPG of all time and I have the PS3 LE and Vita version paid off!

I may possibly pick up Danganronpa, it's been reviewing well so I will wait for a sale or price drop as I know literally nothing about the series.

Outlast is coming to PS4 next week and is free if you have PSPLUS, it's already out on PC. Really looking forward to playing it on my PS4 I just hope it has a decent length as the Plus games have been a bit lame apart fron Resogun.

I am really looking forward to Thief as I'm a a massive fan of the series but haven't played any of them since the original Xbox port of Deadly Shadows. I was concerned about the game last year when it receiving a lot of bad press but after following it closely and watching some trailers/info vids I decided to buy and have already paid for it. It's going to have to be really good to best Dishonored, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a bit boring as Corvo has a ton of fun powers to use in Dishonored but Garrett is pretty bare bones in the latest Thief...

I also have Toukiden paid off and really enjoyed the demo and think it will be a great time sink for my Vita!

I was interested in Yaiba, but after reading the latest issue of gamesTM here in the UK I don't think I will bother with it.

So yeah, all in all a great month for me and March is also going to be fantastic so I'm going to take it easy and make sure I have enough to play for the inevitable summer drout this year.

Also GDC is in March and the hype has already started!

Reactions: GameWinner

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, what the hell. Everywhere I was looking was showing a late February release date just a couple of weeks back for FFX/X-2. Well, I'm officially looking forward to nothing from February. So I guess my vote for other just counts as "nothing".

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Donkey Kong country tropical freeze. It's honestly the only game I liked from the E3 round-up, which has everything to do with playing the heck out of DKC returns.

Still...I'll wait for reviews before actually buying. Though nintendo and retro are pretty solid in quality delivery, I don't do first day buys anymore.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obligatory "isn't Bravely Default already out?" comment.

Have not heard of most of those.

Thief because it is thief, I missed it getting ragged on last year though.

I am curious to see the Ninja Gaiden game.

I want to see what Fable is like, I did not care for the original and the new art style is not doing it for me but they have apparently tightened up the gameplay which was my biggest gripe.

Castlevania and Earth Defense force also appear at some point.

Other than that some of the March titles could well be leaked in February.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some games I'm interested in, but Thief is the one I am really waiting for because I want some games for the #PS4. Also March will be a good month. Dis gon be gud!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lightning Returns will be something I pick up in a year or so when I finally get round to playing FFXIII-2 so I didn't vote for that. Danganronpa looks the most interesting, so I voted for that even though I don't have a Vita (yet).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)