ppokemon heart gold/ soul silver

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Licardo7, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009
  1. Licardo7
    OP

Member Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well, although i can't read a word of Chinese i downloaded Soul Silver for my AceKard2 and played for a bit and i have to say it's awesome. It's the exact remake of the G/S/C series and it's great. I laterally played by having my copy of crystal and my DS side by side and followed along to know what i was doing and it's pretty accurate. It changed a lot of parts but it was basically the same which is good in this case seeing that G/S/C were one of the best if not THE best versions of the Pokemon franchise.

Now i want to here what you guys think about it (for those of you who played it)

Edit: I realize now that i put two Ps for pokemon [​IMG]

2. ZeroEXE93

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    *Facepalm* It's Japanese. [​IMG]

Anyways, it's an excellent remake. It takes everything that G/S/C and Platinum does right and added even more features. HG/SS is my favorite Pokemon game so far.

3. Licardo7
    OP

United States
    well my brain can't comprehend all the languages of the worldz, i can barley contain English, Spanish, and n00b so *facepenis*

4. BiscuitCookie

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    You don't need to understand the language to know what language is.
    You just need common sense, because the Chinese version hasn't even be released, only the Japanese version has been released and they place from which country/continent the release is. /doublefacepalm

5. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    [​IMG]

6. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    ROFL Double Facepalm.

on topic: its a good game. better then diamond/pearl

7. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Lol, i laugh at the picture, Pure gold!
    Anyways, yeah, the game is good, Played through all of it and you know, Licardo7, you can download a translation patch *faceplam*
    Anyways! I enjoyed the adding of ALL the pokemon, and the pokemon following you of course!

8. Licardo7
    OP

United States
    OMG, i miss the way gbatemp gets off track for every little thing. anyway, yes i got facepalmed about 25 times nao back on track.

P.S: I leave all my common sense at school when we leave

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I think I remember that episode of TNG. I'm a rather decent trekkie here, if you were wondering. Not the "go to the conventions" type, but the "watch every episode" type.

My thoughts were:

- It gave me a 10% warning rating. Damn translations!
    - It got me deeply addicted to Pokemon... again. Damn Gamefreak!
    - It's a pretty good remake although the chick with the Marill gets on my nerves. I don't need a stalker, thanks.

Also, Japanese, Chinese, German, what's the different. DAMN FOREIGNERS! (that was sarcasm if you were too dull to get that)

10. Hypershad12

Member Hypershad12 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just want threads like this and translation threads to go to a different place.

11. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Oh hai, guise. Can I join?

[​IMG]

On topic: I still haven't played them since I'm waiting for the proper Nintendo translation. I've checked some videos on youtube though.

-The remixed themes are awesome, especially the gym leader battle and the wild pokemon encounter from Kanto.

-You can listen to the good ol' tracks from the GBC games with the use of a Key Item (nostalgia FTFW).

I can't wait for an enhanced version of both games since I actually enjoyed the Platinum one made by Wolfsclaw.

12. Oh Really?

Member Oh Really? GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why would I play a game I can't even read and then rate it?
    What am I gonna rate it on? How good Professor Elm looks?

13. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    The gameplay in pokemon games has barely changed since the games conception with Pokemon Red and Blue.
    Man, those were the days. I remember going to toys r us and getting blue version with blastoise on it... Awesome.
    Sure, there are new features, but generally pokemon is: what you see is what you get.

That being said, Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal were the most amazing out of all the games. 16 Gym Battles, 2
    Campaigns, It just didn't get any better. This was before the 494 score of Pokemon and this was where it was meant to be : )

14. brissmas

Member brissmas GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Pokemon Gold and Silver are probably my favourite pokemon games and now there on DS it just makes them better.

15. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts: Very nice. I've replayed Pokemon Gold almost 3 times in the past and I know everything that goes. Good thing they kept that missing PokeDoll storyline. Haven't I played the originals, I would be very stuck. The translations allow me to play the game very smoothly and it allows me to know who I'm battling, what attacks and items I get and use and stuff. For the game, need I say more? It's epic. I can't wait for the English release. Then I'll be on a Pokedex completion quest again (this time it would be easier as I've completed it on Platinum and I just need to trade them over. Yay!

I hope they stop Pokemon games with 4th generation for a while. It's good for now. Maybe in 2013 they should release 5th Gen.

16. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I remember first playing yellow and trying for months to get missingno by surfing by cinnibar, lol i really wish my friends had told me it was only in red and blue. I think Crystal really got me exited though cos i could trade over my lv 100 pikachu with thundershock (bit of a bad move set now i think about it). Ruby and Sapphire really pissed me off by not being backwards compatible. I think i speant around 400 hours on crystal alone.

17. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Since we can't understand the dialogue yet, we can only rate the gameplay. So far this game is way more appealing to me than Platinum, and the new features and graphics are awesome. I'm hyped for the English release.

18. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    I'm joining in [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I played through crystal and think that a lot has been improved and that HGSS is probably the best game for me

19. ChrisMims

Banned ChrisMims Banned

United States
    Same here. It's a lot better than Crystal, especially since the touch screen's capabilities are used more widely than Platinum.

20. Sonia

Member Sonia Resident Bikini Gal

United States
    I freaking love the game.
    I'm currently playing Soul Silver, and the scene where Lugia appears is just awesome.
    Plus, I already have some Sinnoh pokemon in my game, thanks to my pokemon Platinum. Heheh. XD