Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you convert the patched rom to a cia file and does it work?

I think you can convert any .3ds file to .cia:unsure:.
just try ;)

Yeah, you can convert it to a .cia file and then you can use it for Pasta CFW. I think with Gateway 3DS is it not working because you can't install unsigned CIA's.

Reactions: XRaidersP

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all 718/721 pokemons catchable in this? Any version exclusives? Any change to dialogue so we know the hack is applied?

No, this isn't a 721 hack and it will never be. No version exclusives and yes, there's some dialogue changes, that you can see, this is a hack.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wish this was a 721 hack. Seems great though. Ill have to download it soon.
Ditto.
That's why I was asking about which of the files inside the "a" folder handles the Wild Pokemon Encounter, same for evolutions and mega evolutions.
I got a hold of a PasteBin that kind of tells what each folder handles in-game:
http://pastebin.com/4bg3q6FL

I could find the evolution data:

a/1/9/2 - evolution data
a/1/9/3 - mega "evolution" map

As for the wild encounter data, I am not sure.
Perhaps this is the one:
a/2/6/7 - wild grass

EDIT: The Wild Encounter supposedly is:
a/0/1/3 - Pokemon Wild Encounters

I could be wrong though, but those files are present in the compressed file for RR/SS, which means those particular files where indeed edited/modified for this hack.

If anyone is willing to try my hypothesis, please let me know if only copying those files enables only the evo/encounter changes by avoiding all of the story changes.

My catch is to try to make a 721 Pokemon hack for both ORAS and X/Y while still retaining the vanilla feel of the game, only change the evolutions and wild encounters.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Lazerith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto.
That's why I was asking about which of the files inside the "a" folder handles the Wild Pokemon Encounter, same for evolutions and mega evolutions.
I got a hold of a PasteBin that kind of tells what each folder handles in-game:
http://pastebin.com/4bg3q6FL

I could find the evolution data:

As for the wild encounter data, I am not sure.
Perhaps this is the one:

I could be wrong though, but those files are present in the compressed file for RR/SS, which means those particular files where indeed edited/modified for this hack.

If anyone is willing to try my hypothesis, please let me know if only copying those files enables only the evo/encounter changes by avoiding all of the story changes.

My catch is to try to make a 721 Pokemon hack for both ORAS and X/Y while still retaining the vanilla feel of the game, only change the evolutions and wild encounters.

I like the harder difficulty idea. X, Y, and ORAS were way too easy. But I suppose I could always just turn experience share off.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I like the harder difficulty idea. X, Y, and ORAS were way too easy. But I suppose I could always just turn experience share off.
I have always been the kind of guy who enjoys playing one of the two main games of a Pokemon Generation but without having to resort to trading or fancy hack tricks to get all the Pokemon that a certain version doesn't have, which is why I have "Emu editions" (hacks) of almost all the previous generations.
Thunder Yellow, Crystal Emu Edition, Emerald Complete National Dex, Origin/Perfect Platinum, Volt White and Volt Black 2.

I've been on the lookout for a vanilla version of both ORAS and X/Y that only adds 721 Pokemon to be caught in game and that changes the Evolutions to avoid having to trade Pokemon to evolve them. That's it. :P

The mod of X/Y, Neo X & Neo Y, already has a way to custom install the Wild Encounters and Evolutions (as explained within the ReadMe included in it), and the only one I am holding on to is ORAS, since I want to know which files add those features without changing anything else in the game.

So if anyone can test the files I mentioned HERE to see if those particular things are added without issues, I'll be grateful, since I currently have no way to test them out in a 3DS. :/

mg1189

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The wild encounter file for OR/AS is 0/1/3. However from what I know you have to be careful when editing it. There's a limit on how many Pokemon the DexNav can display, so in the worst case the game will crash when trying to use the DexNav.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The title screen with sapphire version show me "sapphire alpha" and not "star sapphire" but the rest of the rom works great. The ruby version haven't that bug.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changelog:

• v1.1: Current version
  • Fixed Item-based Evolutions for Clamperl, Electabuzz, Graveler, Kadabra, Karrablast, Machoke, Magmar, Onix, Poliwhirl, Rhydon, Scyther, Seadra, Shelmet, Slowpoke, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
  • Fixed missing ♂♀ symbols on Name Entry screen.

Neglesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome job on the hack! Just started playing.

Any chance you could make a document of the Wild Pokemon changes? Where each Pokemon is on each route? I know it's asking quite a lot. But would be highly appreciated <3

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job on the hack! Just started playing.

Any chance you could make a document of the Wild Pokemon changes? Where each Pokemon is on each route? I know it's asking quite a lot. But would be highly appreciated <3
Obtainable Pokemon are no different from the original games after obtaining the national dex; however, they did change the rarities of some. If what you're looking for isn't appearing with dex nav (like an Eevee), it might only appear in tall grass now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup