• Total voters

Jew-bro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know, I know. We can't use PKHeX to re-encrypt them.

BUT I got some mathematicans who can and are willing to help me with re-encoding.
I only need some saves to edit. I had some saves, but I wrecked them... I may not be Smealum but I can maybe do the same as Cybergadget did in Japan. 2 of the mathematicans are high-level teachers with an IT background and can actually use quite complicated programs.

So the only thing I need is at least 1 .sav of the X/Y games. Who's in?

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, I know. We can't use PKHeX to re-encrypt them.

BUT I got some mathematicans who can and are willing to help me with re-encoding.
I only need some saves to edit. I had some saves, but I wrecked them... I may not be Smealum but I can maybe do the same as Cybergadget did in Japan. 2 of the mathematicans are high-level teachers with an IT background and can actually use quite complicated programs.

So the only thing I need is at least 1 .sav of the X/Y games. Who's in?
I can send you my save tomorow in the morning.

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I understand, you only need save files from PowerSaves.
Not from Gateway with the bad encryption ?

Jew-bro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joke topic?

You can't decrypt encrypted saves with just the save file. KeyY generation is done using parts of the ROMdata.

It goes the other way around. PKHeX can read and decrypt the data, but if you put your edited save back it says data corrupt. That's because the data is not recoded. The people I work with know enough to recode it as long the can decode it. So no, no joke topic.

And thank you TheZoroark007 for giving your save. I need a couple because I can easily wreck it. I can copy it, but with a copy some errors can occur, so it is just for being sure.

Can you only get it in .bin? my programs states that it can't read it :I

Anyway, I use several programs available. For extracting I ask people for their save, because my PowerSave got some problems shipping. As decoder and editor I use PKHeX. And now, with your help, we can maybe use the known key the decode it to recode it. Well, I think it will take about 1 month AT LEAST but that may be faster then Datel.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes the other way around. PKHeX can read and decrypt the data, but if you put your edited save back it says data corrupt. That's because the data is not recoded. The people I work with know enough to recode it as long the can decode it. So no, no joke topic.

Yes, joke topic.

I'm the author of PKHeX; I'm pretty sure I know exactly what my program does and what it doesn't.

PKHeX is a save file editor. It does not decrypt your save data, it only reads and writes data if it is decrypted to begin with. It does not do the AES MAC signature because that would require a hacked 3DS with cfw to re-sign and the romdata necessary to generate the signature.

You're going to get nowhere with just a savefile, no amount of 'mathematicians' will help.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, joke topic.

I'm the author of PKHeX; I'm pretty sure I know exactly what my program does and what it doesn't.

PKHeX is a save file editor. It does not decrypt your save data, it only reads and writes data if it is decrypted to begin with. It does not do the AES MAC signature because that would require a hacked 3DS with cfw to re-sign and the romdata necessary to generate the signature.

You're going to get nowhere with just a savefile, no amount of 'mathematicians' will help.
do you want make pkhex compatible with gateway and mt card?

Jew-bro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Impossible; the flashcarts must support save (d)ecryption and resigning of saves. They have to do what Cyber Save Editor does as you cannot emulate the 3ds encryption methods on the computer.

Hmmm :I. So why could I acces the previous saves? Those were normal PowerSaves... Or are those already decrypted? I know it's only the editor of saves, but since it has to be decoded before it can be read by PKHeX, does any save extractor do that? I'm just curious if we already have a way for decoding, that would make the recoding easier.

And Kaphotics would you be so friendly to redirect me to the PKHeX topic? That would be great, no sarcasm . I myself ain't that good with programs, so I need to know what precise I am dealing with. Thank you :bow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse