1. MrShawnTRods

MrShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Lolwut

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

idk I kinda like the idea of the tech, if/when it becomes much more common/cheap it will be fantastic, imagine once the tech is so refined and cheap it can be integrated into standard plug sockets like usb ports are now, so pretty much anywhere you go, supermarkets, in your car, anyones home you would essentially never have to worry about your battery or having the correct cable available etc.......but yeah for now it's more of a novelty until devices have the feature as standard

I guess if you always sit in a specific area to play it would be pretty cool, just wonder what the charging rate would be like with it

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    StrayGuitarist likes this.
  3. illusi0ns

illusi0ns Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    the min i see wireless charging mentioned i have flashbacks of plasma tv's an seeing 30+ signals of my amature radio

4. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Wirelesslely charging from a distance is truer wireless charging than resting on a pad imo.

StrayGuitarist and banjo2 like this.
  5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    too bad it doesn't make the joycons more comfortable to hold or stop drift. i dont even bother using them anymore for anything. it's pro con all the way

6. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    Its cool, but thats about it. Best grip I ever saw was one with implemented battery, so you could've charged the joy-cons like 3 times from the grip before you had to charge it.

7. AceX

AceX Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Wouldn't electricity have to become much cheaper too?
    I can't see there being free wifi/electricity cafes.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

a lot of places have free plug sockets etc, I guess the efficiency of the tech would come into question though, I havent looked into it, but I would imagine it uses considerably more power than a standard 5v usb port that a lot of cafes/public transport offer, anyway as a pipe dream concept it sounds cool, idk if it would be practical on a larger scale

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    the grip definitely makes them more comfortable to hold though. granted, buttons are still a little crammed for large hands, but that's to be expected for portability reasons

and drift is really not that big an issue and it literally can not be fixed (as in prevented from happening) and that's true for all current and last-gen joysticks including the pro controller. i've had them all drift at one time or another.
    the joycons have it happen faster and it's impossible to prevent without inventing a completely new joystick technology. small controller = small joystick module = the mechanical strain and deterioration of conductive plates inside the module is concentrated on a smaller surface = surface scratches up more quickly = drift occurres
    just spray a drop of wd40 contact cleaner under the rubber cap every few months.

10. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    You're kidding? We should thank N for that they include power adapter to Switch not like for 3DS. Apple probably includes fast charger only for premium model, I do not accept this same when N wanna money for adapter.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Powercasts, wireless, charging