Power switch successfully repaired!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Joey90, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Joey90
    OP

Joey90 Not around any more

Apr 21, 2007
    UK
    I opened up my transparent blue DS to replace the conductive pads, fix the shoulder buttons and use white buttons instead (now it looks cool [​IMG] )

And after doing it once successfully (when I changed the case) I tried to close it up again, and of course, the power switch snapped (just the plastic nub)

Fortunately I had managed to get the bottom half of my friends old broken DS, and being VERY careful, I desoldered the cover of the switch (not the actual contacts) and took out the plastic nub and the spring, then I did the same with my DS. The next part was pretty difficult, I needed help, as I had to reassemble the switch, which is spring loaded. After pinging out a few times it went in, and I resoldered on the cover. And, amazingly, it worked!

But I was really worried when it snapped off, I almost destroyed the DS completely!

All is well now, and so, if your power switch breaks, don't panic! [​IMG]

2. ben_not_benny

ben_not_benny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow, you must be lucky! I have a phat so I don't worry about the power switch as much.

I think DS Lite owners are far more lucky, they have more of those cool cases and other things to choose from. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice