power rangers

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by xcalibur, Jun 24, 2007.

Jun 24, 2007

power rangers by xcalibur at 6:04 PM (1,587 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    so i finnaly get up from my computer cuz i hear some weird noises coming from the tv room
    so as i come closer, i constantly cringe because of the HORRIBLY ATROCIOUS LINES being uttered by actors so talentless they couldnt pretend to be cold if they were put out naked in siberia

i open up the door and to my horror WHAT do i see?
    POWER RANGERS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    what the carppy subtitle they gave it? MYSTIC FORCE
    WHAT. THE. F*CK.
    i know its been steadily going downhill but CMON, power rangers about magic? they rip off star trek, travel time, go to space, race cars, ressurect dinosaurs, get aliens to fight for them cuz theyve screwed up. i admit, the nija's were a bit farfetched but MAGIC
    WHAT. THE. F*CK

they ruined the whole series. its all cheesy(well more than usual)dialogue, with crappy fight scenes that are all covered up with speciall effects to hide the fact that the actors have NO martial arts training WHATSOEVER(at least tommy knew his shit an could beat the crap out of you if you pissed him off)
    what the hell happened to the mighty morphing power rangers we grew up with?

2. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I certainly never grew up with, but I'm guessing you're in your early years, 12 maybe?

3. xcalibur
    OP

United Kingdom
    um...power rangers is olderr than that
    im 17, i was wathcing power rangers when i was 5~
    mightve been reruns

4. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    [​IMG]

Good times...

[​IMG]

Anything after this is utter crap!

5. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
  6. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    I'm 20 now and I remember the pilot episode... heh.

I thought it was going to pick up after Dino Thunder (because it was alright, actually), but they ruined it [​IMG]

I hear from a kid at our church that there's a new Dragonzord now? THIS IS BLASHPHEMY!

There's only one, true Dragonzord!

[​IMG]

RAWRR

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I was into Real Ghostbusters and then Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers to me is just a piece of shit.

For some reason the Disney store near me sells PR stuff, I guess the children still like it.

8. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    I grew up watching those too! [​IMG] Kids today have nothing that compares to the likes of Transformers, MASK and Thundercats [​IMG]

9. xcalibur
    OP

United Kingdom
    the new TMNT seems pretty cool
    its true that theyre tv shows dont own like ours did but its starting to look better

you always have stuff like this...our parents had the better music
    the 70's/80's OWNED for metal

10. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    They also have movie versions of those (though MASK is just a rumour right now) that won't be very good.

But then they also have Doctor Who which is much much better now than before so thats good.

11. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I loved Power Rangers when I was a kid...I'm 14 now, and still watch the originals time to time. I used to run around in my red power ranger suit

12. xcalibur
    OP

United Kingdom
    i loved the power rangers too but its all about spiderman pajamas and cheap plastic mask with a too tight elastic string that causes it to cut into your face, making your eyes pop out and cut off the circulation to your lips making you faint after 7 consecutive hours wearing it with blue lips and teary eyes making your parents think you got into some stupid accident but you didnt and then you come to and your parents try and make you take it off but you wont so you wear it some more and then one of the sides that hold the string breaks and you put it right but it keeps snapping off and keeps hitting you in the same part of the face each time so you make it shorter and the knot tighter but the other side goes off and it hits you on another spot so you fx that but it makes your mask dig even deeper giving you a peripheral vision of about 1 cm on each side and makes your breathing similair to that of darth vader on even more extreme lifesupport and finally the plastic breaks and you hold it using your hand but its just not the same so you leave it lying around and your mother picks it up and throws it away and you ask here where it is because you found out glue exists and your mind thinks you can glue it all back but your mother tells you that she threw it away so you say you hate her and run to your room and you cry but then you see a weird piece of dust and then you become happy and realise power rangers is on so you go and watch that

13. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Ah I used to loooove Power Rangers as a kid... I used to love it so much I used to roleplay in the garden! So like if I wanted to be Rita and 'make my mosters grow!' I would hook the edge of a cricket bat over my parents washing line and pull back and launch it over our neighbours fence lol. As for zoids I had various sit on trucks and toys and when I wanted to combine the zoids I would put my feet in the holes underneath the seats to give myself "robotic legs" and held another sit on toy up against my chest as if it were body armor hehe. [​IMG]

I daren't watch any of the recent series because from the odd clips I've seen over the years they look terrible and I don't want my childhood memories of such a great show ruined!

I'll stick to watching parodies on youtube methinks. [​IMG]
    There are lots of funny Japanese ones out there though I do really like the Brit made Emo Rangers:

[​IMG]

14. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    When I saw Spider-Man 3 there were like 20 odd kids in the cinema wearing Spider-Man outfits. God I wish I was a child some times.

15. JusDaMan

Newcomer JusDaMan Advanced Member

I saw a power ranger team up before! it was all the red rangers fighting machine empire like a 10 year anniversary thing.

And from wat i read around. they doing a 15 year anniversary featuring
    Adam. and from wat i know a bridge, kira,tori, trent?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/l...ere/reunion.jpg

16. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Ah...the Power Rangers...such great memories...it's funny to see where where some of them went.

The Green Ranger/Tommy went on to MMA Fighting.
    The Second Black Ranger is a regular in anime (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach)
    The Yellow Ranger died in a car crash...[​IMG]

17. gamermole

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom

why you wish you was a child? everyone knows the adults spiderman costumes kick ass over the childs costumes. also tight spandex = ultimate pulling power lol, yeah i used to watch power rangers as a kid i still remember the white rangers flute tune. duhh duh duh dadadahhhhh [​IMG]

18. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    this is what happened to them
    [​IMG]

they changed their name and started staring in video games more often

19. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    call my crazy, but this show ALWAYS sucked and needed to die from the first episode. it was like super voltron live action on crack with gay undertones.

20. Henuki

Newcomer Henuki Member

United Kingdom
    Pretty sure they become Treasure hunters or some crap like that next. So we can all look forward to that.