power rangers

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so i finnaly get up from my computer cuz i hear some weird noises coming from the tv room
so as i come closer, i constantly cringe because of the HORRIBLY ATROCIOUS LINES being uttered by actors so talentless they couldnt pretend to be cold if they were put out naked in siberia

i open up the door and to my horror WHAT do i see?
POWER RANGERS
cry.gif
ohmy.gif
cry.gif
ohmy.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

what the carppy subtitle they gave it? MYSTIC FORCE
WHAT. THE. F*CK.
i know its been steadily going downhill but CMON, power rangers about magic? they rip off star trek, travel time, go to space, race cars, ressurect dinosaurs, get aliens to fight for them cuz theyve screwed up. i admit, the nija's were a bit farfetched but MAGIC
WHAT. THE. F*CK

they ruined the whole series. its all cheesy(well more than usual)dialogue, with crappy fight scenes that are all covered up with speciall effects to hide the fact that the actors have NO martial arts training WHATSOEVER(at least tommy knew his shit an could beat the crap out of you if you pissed him off)
what the hell happened to the mighty morphing power rangers we grew up with?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I'm 20 now and I remember the pilot episode... heh.

I thought it was going to pick up after Dino Thunder (because it was alright, actually), but they ruined it
frown.gif

I hear from a kid at our church that there's a new Dragonzord now? THIS IS BLASHPHEMY!

There's only one, true Dragonzord!

dragonzord_1.gif

RAWRR

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was into Real Ghostbusters and then Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers to me is just a piece of shit.

For some reason the Disney store near me sells PR stuff, I guess the children still like it.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was into Real Ghostbusters and then Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers to me is just a piece of shit.

For some reason the Disney store near me sells PR stuff, I guess the children still like it.
I grew up watching those too!
smile.gif
Kids today have nothing that compares to the likes of Transformers, MASK and Thundercats
frown.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the new TMNT seems pretty cool
its true that theyre tv shows dont own like ours did but its starting to look better

you always have stuff like this...our parents had the better music
the 70's/80's OWNED for metal

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I grew up watching those too!
smile.gif
Kids today have nothing that compares to the likes of Transformers, MASK and Thundercats
frown.gif
They also have movie versions of those (though MASK is just a rumour right now) that won't be very good.

But then they also have Doctor Who which is much much better now than before so thats good.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I loved Power Rangers when I was a kid...I'm 14 now, and still watch the originals time to time. I used to run around in my red power ranger suit

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i loved the power rangers too but its all about spiderman pajamas and cheap plastic mask with a too tight elastic string that causes it to cut into your face, making your eyes pop out and cut off the circulation to your lips making you faint after 7 consecutive hours wearing it with blue lips and teary eyes making your parents think you got into some stupid accident but you didnt and then you come to and your parents try and make you take it off but you wont so you wear it some more and then one of the sides that hold the string breaks and you put it right but it keeps snapping off and keeps hitting you in the same part of the face each time so you make it shorter and the knot tighter but the other side goes off and it hits you on another spot so you fx that but it makes your mask dig even deeper giving you a peripheral vision of about 1 cm on each side and makes your breathing similair to that of darth vader on even more extreme lifesupport and finally the plastic breaks and you hold it using your hand but its just not the same so you leave it lying around and your mother picks it up and throws it away and you ask here where it is because you found out glue exists and your mind thinks you can glue it all back but your mother tells you that she threw it away so you say you hate her and run to your room and you cry but then you see a weird piece of dust and then you become happy and realise power rangers is on so you go and watch that

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah I used to loooove Power Rangers as a kid... I used to love it so much I used to roleplay in the garden! So like if I wanted to be Rita and 'make my mosters grow!' I would hook the edge of a cricket bat over my parents washing line and pull back and launch it over our neighbours fence lol. As for zoids I had various sit on trucks and toys and when I wanted to combine the zoids I would put my feet in the holes underneath the seats to give myself "robotic legs" and held another sit on toy up against my chest as if it were body armor hehe.
tpi.gif

I daren't watch any of the recent series because from the odd clips I've seen over the years they look terrible and I don't want my childhood memories of such a great show ruined!

I'll stick to watching parodies on youtube methinks.
happy.gif

There are lots of funny Japanese ones out there though I do really like the Brit made Emo Rangers:

smile.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i loved the power rangers too but its all about spiderman pajamas and cheap plastic mask with a too tight elastic string that causes it to cut into your face, making your eyes pop out and cut off the circulation to your lips making you faint after 7 consecutive hours wearing it with blue lips and teary eyes making your parents think you got into some stupid accident but you didnt and then you come to and your parents try and make you take it off but you wont so you wear it some more and then one of the sides that hold the string breaks and you put it right but it keeps snapping off and keeps hitting you in the same part of the face each time so you make it shorter and the knot tighter but the other side goes off and it hits you on another spot so you fx that but it makes your mask dig even deeper giving you a peripheral vision of about 1 cm on each side and makes your breathing similair to that of darth vader on even more extreme lifesupport and finally the plastic breaks and you hold it using your hand but its just not the same so you leave it lying around and your mother picks it up and throws it away and you ask here where it is because you found out glue exists and your mind thinks you can glue it all back but your mother tells you that she threw it away so you say you hate her and run to your room and you cry but then you see a weird piece of dust and then you become happy and realise power rangers is on so you go and watch that
When I saw Spider-Man 3 there were like 20 odd kids in the cinema wearing Spider-Man outfits. God I wish I was a child some times.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah...the Power Rangers...such great memories...it's funny to see where where some of them went.

The Green Ranger/Tommy went on to MMA Fighting.
The Second Black Ranger is a regular in anime (Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach)
The Yellow Ranger died in a car crash...
frown.gif

gamermole

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

When I saw Spider-Man 3 there were like 20 odd kids in the cinema wearing Spider-Man outfits. God I wish I was a child some times.

why you wish you was a child? everyone knows the adults spiderman costumes kick ass over the childs costumes. also tight spandex = ultimate pulling power lol, yeah i used to watch power rangers as a kid i still remember the white rangers flute tune. duhh duh duh dadadahhhhh
blink.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
call my crazy, but this show ALWAYS sucked and needed to die from the first episode. it was like super voltron live action on crack with gay undertones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: