Gaming Power Rangers Battle for the Grid..... F**K YES!!!!!!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... we have a new Power Rangers game for the Switch announced today!

I have no words because I am freaking excited!!!! Sure, this game is most likely built on top of the Legacy Wars engine but I don't care! WOOOOOOO!

86c.gif

F**K YEAH!!!!

Between Kamen Rider Climax Scramble (released last year but I still gotta get it), Dead or Alive Xtreme: Scarlet, Yoshi's Crafted World and this new Power Ranger's game. The Switch is really trying to take all of my gaming love this year and we're still nowhere near June!

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Doesn't look any special, and they're always doing Mighty Morphing acting like the other series never happened or something. Like give something else jeez

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't look any special, and they're always doing Mighty Morphing acting like the other series never happened or something. Like give something else jeez

If it's anything like Legacy Wars (Android/iOS) the trust me, you will see LOTS of representation from other seasons. I also get annoyed with all the MMPR love (my favorite season is RPM) but I get it. It's the most popular season so it's the one that people will be quick to recognize. I'm just a super Power Rangers geek so I was going to be hype about this game anyway. I do hope that eventually we also get a port of Power Rangers All Stars or even another game like Super Sentai Battle Rangercross (Wii)

Annnnnnd, I just found out that the game has cross play with cross progression. Well, time to empty my wallet and double dip!
PowerRangersBattlefortheGrid_multiplatform1.jpg

Also, these screenshots look lovely!
PowerRangersBattlefortheGrid_screenshot4-group.png

PowerRangersBattlefortheGrid_screenshot1-redvgreen.png

PowerRangersBattlefortheGrid_screenshot2-tagbattle.png

Last edited by LightyKD,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how you can take a Power Rangers fighting game seriously without some of the series antagonists. Rather than mildly reskinning the same one model for your entire roster.

Reactions: CymraegAce

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They showed off nothing but rangers fighting each other. I can't imagine they wouldn't show off... anything else at all, if they had it. Like I said, I bet that has more to do with utter lack of budget.

I'd expect power ranger fans want *decent* power ranger games. But if you're happy with less then more power (ha) to you.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this game will have villains. It looks to be based on the "Power Rangers Legacy Wars" engine. That game on Android/iOS features Rangers, Villians and Megazords (the big ass robots). I'd imagine that we get a small roster of Rangers and Villians while they keep improving on the online mode and sometime during next year (season 2?) We get Megazord fights. I currently play Legacy Wars on my phone and PC (via Android emulator) and yes that game is pretty good. I hope with this new game we move away from rock-paper-scissors and go to something like SNK heroines. I love fighting games with easy controls. SNK Heroines and both Soul Calibur 2 along with BloodyRoar on GameCube are geat examples of this philosophy. Also if we do stick with rock-paper-scissors, at least make it like Soul Calibur 2. Can't wait to take my team of Pink Rangers to action on the Switch!

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm pretty sure this game will have villains. It looks to be based on the "Power Rangers Legacy Wars" engine. That game on Android/iOS features Rangers, Villians and Megazords (the big ass robots). I'd imagine that we get a small roster of Rangers and Villians while they keep improving on the online mode and sometime during next year (season 2?) We get Megazord fights. I currently play Legacy Wars on my phone and PC (via Android emulator) and yes that game is pretty good. I hope with this new game we move away from rock-paper-scissors and go to something like SNK heroines. I love fighting games with easy controls. SNK Heroines and both Soul Calibur 2 along with BloodyRoar on GameCube are geat examples of this philosophy. Also if we do stick with rock-paper-scissors, at least make it like Soul Calibur 2. Can't wait to take my team of Pink Rangers to action on the Switch!
well one of my favourite games on the SNES was the power rangers beat em up game and that also had a good well battle mini game '' if you can call it that '' where you could use your megazord to battle bosses

DunkSB412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... we have a new Power Rangers game for the Switch announced today!

I have no words because I am freaking excited!!!! Sure, this game is most likely built on top of the Legacy Wars engine but I don't care! WOOOOOOO!

Glad you are excited my man, I'm excited as well, been a top player on Legacy wars since day one of launch but it has been boring me lately so maybe this will refresh my interested considering it won't be rock paper scissors based and is gonna be based off DBZ fighters game. There will definitely be villains, drakkon is already a villain so there is one there. and every character has a story mode which will be interesting

2yw770y.jpg

Last edited by DunkSB412,
Reactions: LightyKD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you are excited my man, I'm excited as well, been a top player on Legacy wars since day one of launch but it has been boring me lately so maybe this will refresh my interested considering it won't be rock paper scissors based and is gonna be based off DBZ fighters game. There will definitely be villains, drakkon is already a villain so there is one there. and every character has a story mode which will be interesting

I tried really hard to stick with Legacy Wars. Even put a few dollars into it. While I had a few wins, it always felt like there was no balance and proper block or counter. The first one able to execute their card seems to always have the upper hand. I'm VERY happy that Battle for the Grid is switching fighting styles.

Last edited by LightyKD,

DunkSB412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried really hard to stick with Legacy Wars. Even put a few dollars into it. While I had a few wins, it always felt like there was no balance and proper block and counter. The first one able to execute their card seems to always have the upper hand. I'm VERY happy that Battle for the Grid is switching fighting styles.

legacy wars is literally who can out turtle the next, it wasn't always that bad though, when I won their first mobile masters tournament there wasn't as much meta and turtling wasn't really bad. Once they updated that mechanic that you can trigger a card at any time to cancel the other attack it made turtling worse, then the most recent update to change all the warriors to make it somewhat more balanced made it extremely turtle-ish, many people are now running double block assists and that really was never a thing in the past, though it was just movie Zack and mmpr Kim assist spam in the past lmao

Last edited by DunkSB412,
Reactions: LightyKD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"