1. LightyKD

OP LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    So... we have a new Power Rangers game for the Switch announced today!

I have no words because I am freaking excited!!!! Sure, this game is most likely built on top of the Legacy Wars engine but I don't care! WOOOOOOO!

[​IMG]

F**K YEAH!!!!

Between Kamen Rider Climax Scramble (released last year but I still gotta get it), Dead or Alive Xtreme: Scarlet, Yoshi's Crafted World and this new Power Ranger's game. The Switch is really trying to take all of my gaming love this year and we're still nowhere near June!

kumikochan and Agahniim like this.
  2. Spunky247

Spunky247 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Not hyped. Looks like a simple beat em up :unsure:

CymraegAce and hug0-a7x like this.
  3. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

Nigeria
    Doesn't look any special, and they're always doing Mighty Morphing acting like the other series never happened or something. Like give something else jeez

4. LightyKD

United States
    If it's anything like Legacy Wars (Android/iOS) the trust me, you will see LOTS of representation from other seasons. I also get annoyed with all the MMPR love (my favorite season is RPM) but I get it. It's the most popular season so it's the one that people will be quick to recognize. I'm just a super Power Rangers geek so I was going to be hype about this game anyway. I do hope that eventually we also get a port of Power Rangers All Stars or even another game like Super Sentai Battle Rangercross (Wii)

Annnnnnd, I just found out that the game has cross play with cross progression. Well, time to empty my wallet and double dip!
    [​IMG]

Also, these screenshots look lovely!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by LightyKD, Jan 18, 2019
  5. Spazem1

Spazem1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    That looks so lame. It's basically a fighting game with power rangers used as the models. You could make a more exciting game using MUGEN.

CymraegAce likes this.
  6. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't see how you can take a Power Rangers fighting game seriously without some of the series antagonists. Rather than mildly reskinning the same one model for your entire roster.

CymraegAce likes this.
  7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Did you all lick a lemon or something? The OP is happy for a Power Rangers game. I am happy for the OP's happiness.

Be happy, peeps.

8. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    why wouldn't this also have villains?

9. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    They showed off nothing but rangers fighting each other. I can't imagine they wouldn't show off... anything else at all, if they had it. Like I said, I bet that has more to do with utter lack of budget.

I'd expect power ranger fans want *decent* power ranger games. But if you're happy with less then more power (ha) to you.

10. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Never saw someone as exited for the Power Rangers as just now so glad that it got announced for you

11. LightyKD

United States
    I'm pretty sure this game will have villains. It looks to be based on the "Power Rangers Legacy Wars" engine. That game on Android/iOS features Rangers, Villians and Megazords (the big ass robots). I'd imagine that we get a small roster of Rangers and Villians while they keep improving on the online mode and sometime during next year (season 2?) We get Megazord fights. I currently play Legacy Wars on my phone and PC (via Android emulator) and yes that game is pretty good. I hope with this new game we move away from rock-paper-scissors and go to something like SNK heroines. I love fighting games with easy controls. SNK Heroines and both Soul Calibur 2 along with BloodyRoar on GameCube are geat examples of this philosophy. Also if we do stick with rock-paper-scissors, at least make it like Soul Calibur 2. Can't wait to take my team of Pink Rangers to action on the Switch!

12. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    well one of my favourite games on the SNES was the power rangers beat em up game and that also had a good well battle mini game '' if you can call it that '' where you could use your megazord to battle bosses

13. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Looks like complete garbage.

14. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    The graphics could be better. Other than that, it looks a bit promising.

15. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    damn, nastolgia

16. akarolandc

akarolandc Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Has potential.

17. DunkSB412

DunkSB412 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Glad you are excited my man, I'm excited as well, been a top player on Legacy wars since day one of launch but it has been boring me lately so maybe this will refresh my interested considering it won't be rock paper scissors based and is gonna be based off DBZ fighters game. There will definitely be villains, drakkon is already a villain so there is one there. and every character has a story mode which will be interesting

[​IMG]

Last edited by DunkSB412, Jan 21, 2019
    LightyKD likes this.
  18. LightyKD

United States

I tried really hard to stick with Legacy Wars. Even put a few dollars into it. While I had a few wins, it always felt like there was no balance and proper block or counter. The first one able to execute their card seems to always have the upper hand. I'm VERY happy that Battle for the Grid is switching fighting styles.

Last edited by LightyKD, Jan 21, 2019
  19. DunkSB412

DunkSB412 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    legacy wars is literally who can out turtle the next, it wasn't always that bad though, when I won their first mobile masters tournament there wasn't as much meta and turtling wasn't really bad. Once they updated that mechanic that you can trigger a card at any time to cancel the other attack it made turtling worse, then the most recent update to change all the warriors to make it somewhat more balanced made it extremely turtle-ish, many people are now running double block assists and that really was never a thing in the past, though it was just movie Zack and mmpr Kim assist spam in the past lmao

Last edited by DunkSB412, Jan 21, 2019
    LightyKD likes this.
  20. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    I envy the passion of tokusatsu fans.

ShonenJump and LightyKD like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rangers, Battle, Power