POWER OPTIONS FOR 3DS PowerPlay Battery Extender OR PP+

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by drive88mph, Aug 16, 2011.

1. drive88mph
    OP

Newcomer drive88mph Advanced Member

United States
    so guys im going crazy deciding on which one to buy

Power Pak+ from Nyko or
    http://www.amazon.com/Power-Pak-Nintendo-3...d=3N3BTH0OA16RE

PowerPlay Battery Extender -
    http://www.amazon.com/PowerPlay-Battery-Ex...d=3N3BTH0OA16RE

Mostly i look into battert life ) i think both improve the 3ds lame battery life and of course physical size, which one makes the 3ds heavier and bulkier, i hate to carry extra accesories so i think they both snap or get screwed over to the 3ds..so anyone who has both could give me some advice or should i wait for future accesories?

2. Cotelio

Newcomer Cotelio Newbie

United States
    Basically, the bigger the mAH, the longer it'll last. the base is 1300mAH, PowerPak + claims to double the battery life, so it's probably around 2600, because it's a replacement. The Powerplay clips onto the back, so it's most likely another 1300mAH battery.

The Shock and Rock and Power Grip from Nyko offer triple, but they're clip-ons as well.

Outside of a completely unreasonable $100 battery at 5800 (Mugen), the best I've seen is a 5000mAH battery replacement on Ebay. I can't vouch for any of them by direct experience, although Nyko is a good company.

Personally, I'm split between the Shock n Rock ( Love the look of it ) and the 5000mAH batteries on Ebay, but that's me. Hope that helped.

3. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Power Pak+ from Nyko all the way. It doesn't make the console too much bigger, twice battery life is good. You can still put a silicon case to protect the 3DS.

Pip'

4. Cotelio

Newcomer Cotelio Newbie

United States
    The Mugen battery and the 5000 mAH batteries on Ebay look like they thicken the system about the same amount as the Powerpak+ to me, just that they go all the way to the edges, and the Powerpak+ is tapered... So yeah, it's probably easier to squeeze a powerpak 3DS into a stretchy protector than the other battery replacements.

Shock n Rock and Power Grip are pretty big to be honest.

If the charging cradle is a heavy necessity for you, then yeah you probably want the Powerpak+ though, since it's the only one that can be used with a charging cradle at all, if not the one that the system comes with.

5. iluvfupaburgers

Member iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    ive just tried the PP+ and i love it so far. it does what it says it does. and i actually like the fact that it makes it a little more bulkier. it gives it more grip to the hand, specially when you have big hands. i would recomend it, specially snce it is cheaper, easy o install