Power drain?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by leondmsmith, May 27, 2010.

May 27, 2010

Power drain? by leondmsmith at 1:10 AM (910 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. leondmsmith
    OP

Member leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have been recently noticing that my Wii is no longer powered on in the morning, and no turning it on via the power button will restart it.

To make it work i have to pull the fuse out and rotate it then replace in the plug. This hasn't bothered me before but i was trying to work out why it is and the only thing i can think of is the USB hard drive constantly being connected.

However today i have completely had to replace the fuse, it previously had a three amp one but i have put a four amp in, in the hope it wont die as easily.

Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone shad any light on why it happens?

Cheers

Leon

2. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    Higher amperage fuse = wii will blow up instead of the fuse when there is a surge.

3. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Yes, i agree.

DON´T YOU EVER PUT A HIGHER AMP FUSE TO A LOWER AMP HARDWARE. Most probably you´ll fry it. YES YOU WILL!

As for me, i ran into trouble last year. Mi DSLite´s fuse burnt. So i ended replacing it with a similar one.