Hardware Power Bank are compatible with Nintendo Switch version?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but I wouldn't chance it. There have been far too many reports of third party chargers bricking the Switch. The Switch really isn't even USB-C compliant. Ideally I would just stick with Nintendo's official charger, and if you need something on the go at least make sure you're using a product licensed by Nintendo.

https://switchchargers.com/safety/#nintendo

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I was thinking of buying a Switch Lite, and a mixed Power Bank. For when there are blackouts here in Venezuela. Well, here electricity goes frequently even in the capital city.

For example, October 31 we spent a Halloween night literally. 4 hours without electricity in my area from 22 hours to 2 hours today, November 1. And we were without battery in mobile phones because we forgot to charge it.

That's why I asked if the Nintendo Switch was compatible with the power banks.

snobbysteven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I suggest you do some research on which banks work for the switch and won't cause it to brick. The "official" Nintendo ones are quite more expensive than other ones that work great. I have been using one of my old anker banks that I bought like 7 years ago and I haven't had any issues knock on wood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended