Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
POWDER 105
Huge Update
powder511.png
Yet another huge update for the roguelike Homebrew game for the Nintendo DS, GBA, and other systems.

* [All but GBA]: When you load a game, the fact you have loaded it is immediately saved. This means you can no longer power down before you die to avoid save scumming. (Eilu, Zach Firth)
* Familiars always leave corpses to facillitate their resurrection.
* Petrified creatures count to your kill total
* You are only punished for the death of a familiar when the death becomes irrevocable.
* The party guilty for creating traps, lava, etc, is now tracked so proper responsibility can be assigned. (Andrew Poandl)
* Dodge Skill's "foes" properly 'ified. (David Damerell)
* Extra flavour text from Eilu.
* Ricochet skill for arrows. (Furrot)
* You can climb trees. (Adam Boyd)
* When a bitmap has to many colours, it now fails more gracefully. (Ibson the Grey)
* An embarassing mistake in combat calcs has been fixed. It is now the attacker's skill, not the defender's, used to roll attack bonus. This will mean weapon skills are more necessary and make monsters more threatening since they always default to 2 stars.
* Jumping out of a pit only moves you one square. (Irashtar)
* Incorrect there in helm of draining description (Mark Rushakoff)
* Adjusted some monster sizes to better reflect how I envision them. Hopefully this doesn't affect food nutrition balance too much. (David Damerell)
* When you die your options are saved even if you don't make the high score table. (Zappa Penguin)
* Knock no longer closes the door if an item or creature blocks it.
* Knock cast on doors with creatures on them will knock them back and damage them slightly. (Lim-Dul)
* Light radius for creatures on fire increased to 2 from 1 to make it a bit less subtle. (R. Dan Henry)
* [Start] and [Select] can be used to enter and shift respectively on the on-screen keyboard. (Zappa Penguin)
* You can eat water elementals, but be warned there might still be some life in them. (Eilu)
* Polying into or polying back into gargantuan forms will crush any walls that would entrap you. (Korgoth)
* Flaming swords slightly nerfed to 1d3 fire damage to prevent them from being such an obvious weapon choice.
* New item: lightning rapier. (Terje)
* New item: ice mace.
* Imps summoned by demons that you summon will no longer attack you provided the demon stil lives.
* Monsters should now open doors if they are smart enough. (Derek Ray)
* New monster: Kobold Thief.
* You can now wish to learn a skill directly rather than having to acquire the specific book.
* "wizard's hands" in chilling touch description, "an uber-storm" for a living frost, along with an extra hyphen in that description. Description of Pax clarified to resolve amiguous sentence and disarm skill description has an s returned to it. Finally, another lost s added to the flesh golem description. (R. Dan Henry)
* "You gain insight into the nature of foo." now has a full stop. (David Damerell)
* Ibson the Grey has produced a new 32x32 tileset based on the rltiles to give you some high resolution POWDER experience. Since this isn't the 16x16 res, it doesn't come packaged with POWDER but has to be installed manually from the artpack.
download.gif
Find Downloads For NDS, GBA, Etc. Here
icon11.gif
Development Hompage

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You see DS!
Equip DS where?
You equip DS to right hand.
You see microsd card.
Equip microsd where?
You equip it to SD slot of computer.
You see new rogue version!
Equip new rogue version where?
You equip it to your microsd.
etc. etc.

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
You see DS!
Equip DS where?
You equip DS to right hand.
You see microsd card.
Equip microsd where?
You equip it to SD slot of computer.
You see new rogue version!
Equip new rogue version where?
You equip it to your microsd.
Your MicroSD now has a rogue-like on it!
MicroSD safely removed!
Equip MicroSD where?
You equip MicroSD to slot-1 flashcard.
Equip flashcard where?
You equip flashcard to DS.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's good to see a huge update, what with nothing in a month. The only real problem I have is the save scumming bit. I wish I knew where my DS charger was so I could play this...

timehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where else to ask... but

What determines whether an item stacks or not? I have like 4 poisoned spears that are each in separate slots and when I press sort, they don't stack. (I used detect curse already, so its not that its evil/holy,etc)

And yeah, great game.

Anyone know if the new tile set can be used w/ the DS? I can't get it to work. It says bitmaps do not have the correct dimensions.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timehawk said:
What determines whether an item stacks or not? I have like 4 poisoned spears that are each in separate slots and when I press sort, they don't stack. (I used detect curse already, so its not that its evil/holy,etc)
Common sense. Arrows are small and general contained in a quiver. Spears are large, two-handed weapons. They obviously won't stack.

timehawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
timehawk said:
Common sense. Arrows are small and general contained in a quiver. Spears are large, two-handed weapons. They obviously won't stack.

I wish that was all there was to it.
Unfortunately, I have been able to stack spears before. Either it was meant to be stackable in the game, or it wasn't programmed in that it is not stackable.
So far I have not encountered any items that cannot be stackable at all.
(Potions, armor, weapons have all been stacked) Its just that sometimes they don't stack. Glitch perhaps?

ZzzZilla

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Not all items are the same. For example some items may be normal, evil, holy, poisoned, enchanted and so on. Being different means they won't stack. Also, an unidentified item will not stack with an identified item of the exact same type.

siriochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FireEmblemGuy said:
Hmm... Is it possible to use the 32x32 tileset on the DS? It keeps giving me size errors.

It's explicitly said in the readme that those tiles are for "non-handheld versions"
happy.gif

maybe if you put yor DS on a table, it becomes "non-handheld"
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: